• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddler will not eat veggies

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:48 AM
  • 13 Replies

How do you get your toddler to eat veggies?

Can anybody save me from the war everyday? What did you do to make your toddler eat that they did not want to?

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sisteract
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Deceptively Delicious by J Seinfeld

cabrandy03
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Mine wont either lol.  At this point I don't force her to eat anything, I've been told at this age forcing her to try things she doesn't want will only make things worse in the long run.  I just offer at every meal and hope that one of these day's she'll start eating them.  I also make her smoothies a few times a week and sneak a little spinach into the smoothies.

dusky_rose
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:59 AM

DS doesn't reall like veggies either, so I'm not forcing the issue. I just make sure he gets plenty of fruits in his diet and he takes his vitamins. He has been trying new foods on his own terms, so they come around slowly.

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:44 PM
My dd will eat more veggies if she helps prepare them.
la_bella_vita
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:57 PM

I add them in meals or let them dip them in hummus. I have 4 kids and 3 of them LOVE veggies but one does that.

Roasted broccoli is a big favorite here. My kid's eat it up like candy even my DD who is picky with veggies.

collinsmommy0
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:00 PM
I just offer. I don't force DS to eat anything. He eats sushi, which usually has some veggies in it, and likes rice bowls with various veggies in it.

Oh & he loves loves loves to dip things. So he will dip carrots or other veggies in Italian dressing or yogurt

And if I make it 'fun' he's more likely to eat it. So he will eat cucumber sticks or cucumber 'wheels' but not cucumber cut up into small pieces
Wish2Be
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:55 PM
You are not alone. Mine will not even eat pasta or anything...absolutely nothing with sauce do I can't even sneak any veggies in the sauce.
freemane
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:00 PM
We went thru a LOT of veggies before we found some DH likes. Try everything, cook it lots of different ways (DH will eat roasted potatoes, but not mashed or baked) fun shapes, bright colors... maybe let them pick something out at the store. If all else fails, I suppose you could puree veg and mix them with sauce to put on the food they do like.
sanj1213
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Ds was like this. Eventually they just start eating them. Mine did:)

Bob192
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Just keep putting them on their plate..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)