• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Max the Morning Challenge Day 13: Check the Calendar!

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:21 PM
  • 53 Replies

Moms have so much to keep track of with all the family members busy schedules. Sometimes all the events, parties, play dates, and practices can become so hectic that things can get missed. Today's challenge is to take a few minutes at night to look over the events of the next day (and the week ahead), so there aren't any surprises in the morning.

Have a family calendar whether it's on your phone or a paper calendar in your home where you add everything. You'll help make each day run smoother and save yourself stress. Along with the usual things you'd put on a calendar, during the school year you can even include things like when science projects are due or when fundraiser sign ups and permission slips need to be handed in.

writing

What methods work best for you to keep track of your family's schedule? Do you use a digital or paper calendar? Do you set reminders on your phone?

Click here if you missed yesterday's activity! If you haven't signed up for the Max the Morning Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lalasmama2007
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:29 PM

We have a paper calendar on the fridge.

cabrandy03
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:33 PM

We have a paper calendar on our bulletin board in the kitchen.  I try to write EVERYTHING on it so we don't forget anything!

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:34 PM
We have a paper calendar that everything is written down on. DH and I also have one on our phones that is used for his work schedule.
Vertical15
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Paper and somethings go into my phone.  I prefer paper to see it all out in front of me easier.

Ambear72
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:40 PM
I do keep a calendar on my phone. I used to have a pocket one in my purse but I would keep loosing it. I have reminders set for a day before the event to remind me and I also look ahead on Sundays. It saves so much time and drama having my calendar on my phone. I haven't missed anything since I started it
Jessid9109
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:42 PM
I use the note pad and Calendar on my phone to keep track of the things I need to get done.
janessa27
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:43 PM

I always set reminders on my phone and write appointments on my desk top calendar at work:)

yvonne37
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:52 PM

I use paper and usually a notebook.

apcowgirlmomof2
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:54 PM

i use a paper calendar on the frig for all important reminders, but i have a dry erase calendar on the frig as well to write out full schedules for the kids school (we get a calendar of what they'd be doing each day), also for hubby and me with anything that comes up. i also have my work calendar that i plug info into, as well as set reminders on my phone for important dates. if i didn't use calendars i'd be totally lost and forget things all the time. so this way i don't have any surprizes.

sukainah
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:03 PM

I just use a paper calendar.  My phone doesn't have reminders, I don't think LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)