Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Update on my girl.

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:31 PM
  • 25 Replies
This is an update to the thread of my girl being bothered by the heat.

Since Sunday my girl has not been eating much but was drinking a lot.

Went to the doctors this morning and she has am ear infection in both of her ears. The doctor asked her if her ears hurt and she said no and was not complaining about them either. Yesterday she complained of a headache so I thought maybe she was dehydrated. Thankfully, she was not dehydrated.

The doctor and I are amazed that she didn't complain at all. He gave her an antibiotic and said to let her eat whatever she will eat. Even if its "junk" food. She has lost 2lbs since her checkup a week ago. He said that in a week she should be back to normal.

Thank you for all the support and suggestions the past few days.
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lalasmama2007
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:36 PM

She probably has a strong tolerance for pain like i do.  As a child I had a double ear infection and the doctor said I should have been in tears crying it was that bad, but I had no pain.

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:46 PM
That's what my DH said. I'm the same way with a high tolerance for pain. My brother says that if I'm complaining then its really bad.

Quoting lalasmama2007:

She probably has a strong tolerance for pain like i do.  As a child I had a double ear infection and the doctor said I should have been in tears crying it was that bad, but I had no pain.

cabrandy03
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Poor girl, hopefully she feels better soon.  At least she's not experiencing any pain from the ear infection  :)

goddess99
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Glad you found out what the problem was. =)

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Thank you :) The only thing she complains about is a headache and that she is tired.

Quoting cabrandy03:

Poor girl, hopefully she feels better soon.  At least she's not experiencing any pain from the ear infection  :)

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Thank you :)

Quoting goddess99:

Glad you found out what the problem was. =)

EthansMomma2010
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:53 PM
Poor baby. Glad you found out. I disagrees with the junk idea though. Bodies need good food to heal
collinsmommy0
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Aw, poor kid! At least you know now why she wasn't eating. I hope she feels better soon!
Wish2Be
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Thank goodness it want something more serious.
mamamedic69
by Deanna on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:40 PM
That's okay. My girl doesn't like anything sweet. We even have issues with toothpaste tasting sweet. I don't eat junk food so it's not even in the house. Guess my nutrition degree helps sometime. Lol.

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

Poor baby. Glad you found out. I disagrees with the junk idea though. Bodies need good food to heal
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)