Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

7 Easy, Healthy Breakfasts to Start the Day Off Right

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:31 PM
  • 1 Replies

7 Easy, Healthy Breakfasts to Start the Day Off Right 

Posted by Maressa Brown on August 22, 2012 at 9:00 AM

greek yogurt with fruit and granolaNow that we're nearing the close of August, we just can't kid ourselves any longer. Summer's about to come to a close, and parents must welcome back the crazy weekday, pre-school rush act. Those early AMs when it feels next to impossible to get a healthy meal on the table for ourselves and the kids in a quick, easy way.

But there's really no reason to dread the hunt for the perfectly fast and nutritious breakfast. Here, a few ideas to help you start your day off on the right bite ...

1. Oatmeal - Instant or not, throwing some old-fashioned oats in a bowl with equal parts water and popping it in the microwave is a perfect, filling antidote to a chilly fall morning.
  2. Frozen whole-grain waffles - Kids of all ages (including my fiance) dig these for a toasty and fast breakfast.
  3. Banana smeared with peanut (or almond) butter - This is my go-to when there's not a lot of time in the morning. Also tastes super-yummy on toast!
  4. Muffin tops - Frozen "muffin tops" like VitaTops, which you can warm up in the microwave or toaster, are a quick way to get a lot of fiber and protein in fast without spending lots of time baking.
  5. Make-ahead frittata - Consider baking up a few of these on a Sunday night, then freezing them. Then, you can heat one up quickly in the morning and poof! -- gourmet b-fast!
  6. Greek yogurt with fruit and/or high-fiber cereal - Instead of combining cereal with milk, try mixing it into high protein yogurt to keep blood sugar stable longer.
  7. Quickie morning quesadilla - Mix sharp cheddar with apple slices in a whole grain tortilla for a savory-sweet fix.

More from The Stir: 5 Ways to Get a Delicious Dinner on the Table in 30 Minutes or Less

What's your favorite go-to quick, healthy, easy breakfast?

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Vertical15
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:45 PM

I don't really like a heavy breakfast.  I prefer a small bowl of cereal and almond milk, yogurt or some toast with jam.  And coffee.  Almost always coffee :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)