Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Making the Most of the Mornings

Posted by   + Show Post

Y'all, I want to thank you. Seriously.

I came into this series thinking I had it all nailed down; I kind of believed that there was no room for improvement (or even wiggle room!) in our morning routines. Mostly because I am a creature of habit.

But this series not only helped me define what works for us, but it also helped me craft what loopholes we found as I traversed things like putting a house on the market and having a baby. You guys had GREAT suggestions and I feel like it was kind of eye-opening for me, to realize that maybe there's no one right way - not even for my family.

Variety being the spice of life, and all that jazz. I guess.

This morning was our dry-run for our new normal. I put down my foot that we would have a couple of mornings where we would pretend to get the kids to their own, specific schools, and that way we'd know how realistic our timeline was. (See? I project manage EVERYTHING. Oh, my lucky, lucky husband.)

Then we had a wrench thrown into the plan when the throttle sensor went out in my (new! ARGH) minivan. Said van will be in the shop for a number of days. (Hopefully, we'll get the darlin' out before school starts. CROSSING ALL APPENDAGES THAT THIS HAPPENS.) And, of course, it fell on a morning where I had to be at work by 6:30 a.m. to prepare for a program review.

So we had a really hard first run of things. All kids were fed, dressed, and shoved in a car by 6:15 a.m. There was no fuss, no whining, and no tears. And the good news - as I'm choosing to see it - is that if we can do it when it's hard? Doing it when it's easy should be a no-brainer.

This weekend is our last weekend before the chaos of school sets in. We'll spend it finishing up our back to school shopping, splurging on lots of ice cream, and SLEEPING IN. Now that the kids remember how early early truly is, I might be able to sneak a couple of hours in on a random Saturday or Sunday.

To sum up: i've learned that making the most of your mornings consists mainly of taking it one day at a time.

Okay, now: what are we doing for lunch?

by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-31):
jessicasmom1
by Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 10:39 AM

one day at a time is right

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)