Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

9 Eco-Friendly Back to School Essentials

Posted by   + Show Post

http://redtri.com/eco-friendly-back-to-school-essentials/?utm_source=contactology&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=national-082313

After the freedom and fun of summer, heading back to school may seem like a drag to some kids. Get the kids psyched to hear that school bell ring with some eco-friendly (not to mention adorable) school supplies that will have all their classmates asking to borrow a pencil. With these awesome green gadgets, your little students will be begging for more homework to do…well, maybe!

Do you try to *green* your back to school essentials?  What about other products?

by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Replies (31-36):
4kidz916
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I've never seen most of those products.  I tried to buy items made with recycled paper and we have the reusable lunch containers but that's about it. 

Vertical15
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:45 PM

The options for 'green' products these days seems to be endless!

mrswillie
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 6:58 AM
We use reusable food containers for lunches.
Numom61507
by Tina on Sep. 1, 2013 at 6:47 PM

I get stuff for next year when the bts rush is over. That's what I did with the crayons, markers and stuff. I started stocking up on binders as well.. I use them anyway lol

Quoting Vertical15:

I'm all about clearance!  I will stock up when things get marked down.  I have a plastic tub of notebooks from last year that were .05 a piece!  We may never need to buy a notebook as long as the kids are in school!

Quoting Numom61507:

Lol right there with ya! I'm not paying 4.99 for a notebook when the ones for .99 are just as good. I'll recycle an extra bottle or something to make up for it..

Quoting Vertical15:

I have but usually not.  I prefer to save green then buy it most of the time!

Quoting Numom61507:

A lot of stores are carrying these "green" lines now. If it's in my budget, I'll purchase it..

Vertical15
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:06 AM

I've done the same thing in the past.  I've tried to rein it in though because we don't have the space for everything!

Quoting Numom61507:

I get stuff for next year when the bts rush is over. That's what I did with the crayons, markers and stuff. I started stocking up on binders as well.. I use them anyway lol

Quoting Vertical15:

I'm all about clearance!  I will stock up when things get marked down.  I have a plastic tub of notebooks from last year that were .05 a piece!  We may never need to buy a notebook as long as the kids are in school!

Quoting Numom61507:

Lol right there with ya! I'm not paying 4.99 for a notebook when the ones for .99 are just as good. I'll recycle an extra bottle or something to make up for it..

Quoting Vertical15:

Quoting Numom61507:

A lot of stores are carrying these "green" lines now. If it's in my budget, I'll purchase it..

Numom61507
by Tina on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:31 AM

I have one box. I try to keep it all contained to that. If there was ever an overflow, I would probably donate it or pass it on to one of my siblings in HS or college..

Quoting Vertical15:

I've done the same thing in the past.  I've tried to rein it in though because we don't have the space for everything!

Quoting Numom61507:

Quoting Vertical15:

Quoting Numom61507:

Quoting Vertical15:

Quoting Numom61507:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN