Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question Of The Day! *8/26

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 6:57 AM
  • 9 Replies

What is one of your favorite things that you remember from your childhood?

by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 6:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
loveTHEviking
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 6:58 AM

I remeber going to spend weekends with my dad after my parents got divorced and him taking me to either the zoo or the alligator farm :). Fun times. I also remember him taking me to the beach, that was a really fun day!

IncognitoOne
by Angela on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I remember how every Christmas, I had to have the hardest to find items. My parents would drag me out of bed at odd hours and drag me all over NC, SC, and TN trying to find it. Normally, they found it by Christmas. But one year, I wanted a Real Talkin' Bubba. It took them FOUR years to find one....but when they did, they paid $56 for the USED one and I had a Real Talkin' Bubba. It was late, so late I didn't even want the thing anymore, but, hey, lol.

I can honestly say, I always got everything I asked for....except a 4wheeler. I was told my car had 4 wheels and that was good enough, lol.

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Aug. 26, 2013 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Every Christmas my dad would write a letter from Santa and put it on the tree. He would read it to us before opening presents.

The other memory is going camping every weekend and for 4 weeks in the summer. Fun times.
loveTHEviking
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 11:05 AM

That is such a wonderful idea!

Quoting mamamedic69:

Every Christmas my dad would write a letter from Santa and put it on the tree. He would read it to us before opening presents.

The other memory is going camping every weekend and for 4 weeks in the summer. Fun times.

collinsmommy0
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 12:07 PM
We used I have 'family days' on Tuesdays because that was my dads only day off. During the summer or school breaks, we almost always went somewhere fun, even if it was just out for Ice cream!
Vertical15
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Just playing all day sometimes, making a mess outside and coming home when it got dark in the summer.  I was the kid making mud pies and stealing my moms kitchen utensils and coming home covered in mud and dirt!

Numom61507
by Tina on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:07 AM

We made cookies every Christmas Eve to leave out for Santa..

We had Oreos and milk during thunderstorms. All my fave memories revolve around food! LOL

cabrandy03
by Brandy on Aug. 27, 2013 at 12:00 PM

My parents took me and my best friend on a surprise trip to Disneyland for my 9th birthday, it was a pretty great trip.

sonnyswoman75
by Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Going to the Wisconsin Dells every summer
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)