Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I let Mini pick out the colors for her wall and trim. The bed's headboard is two pillows in some fabric stapled down. We made her desk out of her old crib. We did all the shelving for her closet. The tv is my older sister's old tv, but she has a newer (smaller) one now.. 

by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Replies (41-47):
Numom61507
by Tina on Sep. 6, 2013 at 1:17 AM

I love those things! They're so much easier to house stuffed animals in than toy bins and boxes..

Quoting squeekers:

I recognize the collapsible hamper. DD has one too. DD also has a moon chair, too.

CelticMamabc
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 6:12 PM
Lol I have done the black wall thing it's hard to paint over unless you use a lot of primer. Which takes a lot of time because every layer of paint needs to fully dry. Black isn't going to happen for me again :).

Quoting Numom61507:

If we were going to do her room, she was going to have a say in what colors we used. I wanted it to be all her. I was a little shocked, but glad she came back from wanting black walls lol

Quoting CelticMamabc:

My parents did after a lot of begging! Colbolt is still one of my favorites (it was in my wedding bouquet) and in our okd home my kitchen had colbot tiles! My mom let me do a lot of fun stuff once I had proven I was old enough and mature enough... Of course I wasn't really but I did know myself pretty well then... I never followed the crowd I was always doing my own thing.... I still do :)! We currently live in a rental we just sold our home and our new one is being built. So I am up to my eyeballs in paint swatches for ideas and stuff! I am an artsy kind of a woman! I let my little ones pick out wall clings and I pick colors.!when they are older then I will let them choose colors! It's a simple way to let them express them selves!

Quoting Numom61507:

My parents never let me paint my walls! I've lived in apartment complexes or rentals pretty much my whole adult life and couldn't paint any walls either. It's starting to grow on me now. I'm glad she let me put a few stickers on the wall so it doesn't look so dark.. 

I love cobalt blue btw.. That was the color of the back of my wedding dress :)

Quoting CelticMamabc:

Yeah I could see the concern if it went from a light color to the bold color it is now. She looked happy with her choice! That's really important that she loves it! Plus it's a great way for her to express herself! I remember when I was 14 my mother finally let me paint my room I painted it colbolt blue I loved my room, when we moved again she helped me paint my new room dark red! She wasn't sure at first but then she loved it! (Both times we had to get the paint specially mixed) I am 30 now and I have never stoped loving the gem tones! It will grow on you!

Quoting Numom61507:

I'm hoping.. I was nervous about the pink but it's more muted than it looks in the pics. The room used to be a pale yellow so it's a huge change!

Quoting CelticMamabc:

Oh don't be it's a great color! It will grow with her I think, It's not like a neon color or overly girlie.

Quoting Numom61507:

I was so skeptical about the color choice, I have to admit! My friend calls it rockstar chic so that made me feel better :) 

Quoting CelticMamabc:

It looks great! I love the color choice! Very cute!

Numom61507
by Tina on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:15 PM

That was my concern with going to this dark purple. If she wants to go lighter at some point, it will take a few primer coats before we paint..

Quoting CelticMamabc:

Lol I have done the black wall thing it's hard to paint over unless you use a lot of primer. Which takes a lot of time because every layer of paint needs to fully dry. Black isn't going to happen for me again :).

Quoting Numom61507:

If we were going to do her room, she was going to have a say in what colors we used. I wanted it to be all her. I was a little shocked, but glad she came back from wanting black walls lol

Quoting CelticMamabc:

My parents did after a lot of begging! Colbolt is still one of my favorites (it was in my wedding bouquet) and in our okd home my kitchen had colbot tiles! My mom let me do a lot of fun stuff once I had proven I was old enough and mature enough... Of course I wasn't really but I did know myself pretty well then... I never followed the crowd I was always doing my own thing.... I still do :)! We currently live in a rental we just sold our home and our new one is being built. So I am up to my eyeballs in paint swatches for ideas and stuff! I am an artsy kind of a woman! I let my little ones pick out wall clings and I pick colors.!when they are older then I will let them choose colors! It's a simple way to let them express them selves!

Quoting Numom61507:

My parents never let me paint my walls! I've lived in apartment complexes or rentals pretty much my whole adult life and couldn't paint any walls either. It's starting to grow on me now. I'm glad she let me put a few stickers on the wall so it doesn't look so dark.. 

Quoting CelticMamabc:

Yeah I could see the concern if it went from a light color to the bold color it is now. She looked happy with her choice! That's really important that she loves it! Plus it's a great way for her to express herself! I remember when I was 14 my mother finally let me paint my room I painted it colbolt blue I loved my room, when we moved again she helped me paint my new room dark red! She wasn't sure at first but then she loved it! (Both times we had to get the paint specially mixed) I am 30 now and I have never stoped loving the gem tones! It will grow on you!

Quoting Numom61507:

I'm hoping.. I was nervous about the pink but it's more muted than it looks in the pics. The room used to be a pale yellow so it's a huge change!

Quoting CelticMamabc:

Oh don't be it's a great color! It will grow with her I think, It's not like a neon color or overly girlie.

Quoting Numom61507:

I was so skeptical about the color choice, I have to admit! My friend calls it rockstar chic so that made me feel better :) 

Quoting CelticMamabc:

CelticMamabc
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Not if you use behr paint and stay with in the same color family. It will take 2 coats of paint but no need for primer. I have some experience in this area. Lol it is a nice color I think she will like it for a long time and it will grow with her. I like that you used the wall stickers to break it up! Plus she can put new ones up that suit her style and accent the color! No worries it lovely! Enjoy it! ;)

Quoting Numom61507:

That was my concern with going to this dark purple. If she wants to go lighter at some point, it will take a few primer coats before we paint..

Quoting CelticMamabc:

Quoting Numom61507:

Quoting CelticMamabc:

Quoting Numom61507:

Quoting CelticMamabc:

Quoting Numom61507:

Quoting CelticMamabc:

Quoting Numom61507:

Quoting CelticMamabc:

Numom61507
by Tina on Sep. 8, 2013 at 1:39 AM

I'm hoping she does. My husband is a mess with paint and I don't want to have to replace her rug or purchase another area rug again!! LOL

Quoting CelticMamabc:

Not if you use behr paint and stay with in the same color family. It will take 2 coats of paint but no need for primer. I have some experience in this area. Lol it is a nice color I think she will like it for a long time and it will grow with her. I like that you used the wall stickers to break it up! Plus she can put new ones up that suit her style and accent the color! No worries it lovely! Enjoy it! ;)

Quoting Numom61507:

Quoting CelticMamabc:

Quoting Numom61507:

Quoting CelticMamabc:

ZAGARIPRUSS
by New Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 2:43 PM

love it all

Numom61507
by Tina on Dec. 20, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Thanks!!

Quoting ZAGARIPRUSS:

love it all

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN