Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

One Party or Two? Please Help Me!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:32 AM
  • 2 Replies

My sons father (A) and I have been broken up for awhile but we have gotten along and have done birthdays and holidays together up until this year. For the first time, I had Christmas alone with my son. His father wanted to be there but I have moved on and am in a new relationship. With someone whom A does not like. We will call my  new bf B. Well A and B do have a negative history and it does all have to do with me. Now it is time for my son's 6th birthday. I am planning it and paying for it. A does not really ever hold a job long enough to pay support. He says he wants to though. So he most likely wasnt going to help pay for the party. Tonight I told him that I intend to invite B and his daughter to my son's birthday party as well. Now we were originally planning to do this together and A was going to come to the party along with his side of the family. Well once I told A that i was going to invite B, he said "no youre not and if you do there will be a fight. I will punch him in the face and beat his ass" I told him to grow up and act like an adult and that none of that would be happening at the party. We fought about it a little bit and he finally said "well then i wont come, i'll throw my own party for him, i dont have to help you with his party and I wont."

So now I do feel bad... naturally. I want my son to enjoy his birthday and I want what is best for him. But I find it frustrating that his father can not be an adult about the new man in our lives. Do you think I should just invite his dad to the party and leave my boyfriend and his daughter off the invite list or do I say... fine have your own party and just have my own and invite whoever I want?

Should I feel bad? I'm sorry Im new at the single mom stuff and I struggle with it alot. Emotionally it is rough and draining.

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Amberlynn2010
by New Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 9:24 PM
He's gonna have to get over that real quick. Like you said grow up. If he doesn't let him him have his own party. I'm not a single mom but I have a fee single mom friends. And my mom raised me and my brothers Alone. Its the fact he can't put aside the bs for the kid. Thats his issue. And it's sad.
cabrandy03
by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 1:09 PM

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I don't visit this group often anymore.

In my opinion he sounds like the one with the problem.  He's the one refusing to get along with your new SO.  I'd just throw the party and let him know he's welcome if he can act like an adult otherwise he can throw his own party.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)