Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1/31: A Story to Think About

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:23 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 78 Total Views
1 mom liked this

A short cut home from work a narrow and winding country road. I'd never paid cross attention to. But, that day the strangest question crossed my mind: Did I know the name of any of the cross streets? What if there was an accident would I be able to tell 911 where it was?. This question keep nagging at me so I slowed down and began to look at the name of the cross streets and the numbers on the houses. By the time I made it home I could give anyone directions. A week later on a cold and rainy night, I saw some tail lights at an odd angle in the darkness ahead. Getting closer I came upon a SUV flipped on its side with the wheels still spinning, it must of crashed moments before I got there. I called 911, "Where are you located?, Do you know the house number?," the operator asked. Thinking to myself I of course I do......

by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
OpalB
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:08 PM

An amazing moment of listening to that inner voice that needed you to learn a lesson and following through. I have found over the years that those moments are important and never second guess yourself if your being edged to learn even the smallest or everyday thing there is usually or will be a reason for it. Brightest Blessings, thank you for sharing the story.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)