Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introduce yourself here!!

Posted by on May. 5, 2013 at 9:21 PM
  • 52 Replies
  • 565 Total Views

Thanks for joining Fitness Challenges and Weight Loss!! You'll find lots of great members here ready to help you along the way! Start by introducing yourself and what your goals are. Feel free to post any challenges you may find, recipes or advice!

by on May. 5, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Head Admin on May. 5, 2013 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm Michelle, married, 40, sahm, 1 dd. My goals are to continue to loss weight and work towards becoming as vegan as I can, which is a slow, challenging process, ugh. I'm hoping to weigh close to what I did before I became pregnant 11 years ago. Which means I have another 85 pounds to go. I've already lost 16 pounds in the last month or so.

Mommyof1_2013
by Group Owner on May. 6, 2013 at 8:19 AM
I guess I should introduce myself too! I'm Sarah, I'm the group owner. I'm 24 and looking to get back to my pre-baby weight of 130lbs. I also want to start having a work-out in my daily regime, and these challenges are a great way to get started.
Mommyof1_2013
by Group Owner on May. 6, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Keep up the good work!!! And good luck gong vegan.

Quoting goddess99:

I'm Michelle, married, 40, sahm, 1 dd. My goals are to continue to loss weight and work towards becoming as vegan as I can, which is a slow, challenging process, ugh. I'm hoping to weigh close to what I did before I became pregnant 11 years ago. Which means I have another 85 pounds to go. I've already lost 16 pounds in the last month or so.

Mommyof1_2013
by Group Owner on May. 6, 2013 at 8:35 PM

BUMP!

MySweetChild
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Hello ladies, I'm Sarah, married & I have a DD who is 10. I work full time. I have let myself get out of control over the last couple years. I need to slim down my waist line & my thighs!! Those are my trouble spots. Above looking better though, I want to feel better. I always feel so rundown & zapped & just no energy whatsoever, so I just want to feel good again!! 

Mommyof1_2013
by Group Owner on May. 6, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Same name and same problem areas! lol. Good luck with your goal! May 19th we'll be starting a new challenge that includes the stomach area. I'm thinking about doing the 5/100 challenge that I posted but adding in crunches also. That one is a 5 week challenge versus 30 days.

Quoting MySweetChild:

Hello ladies, I'm Sarah, married & I have a DD who is 10. I work full time. I have let myself get out of control over the last couple years. I need to slim down my waist line & my thighs!! Those are my trouble spots. Above looking better though, I want to feel better. I always feel so rundown & zapped & just no energy whatsoever, so I just want to feel good again!! 

MySweetChild
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Are you starting the ab challenge on the 19th? Just keep me posted because I want to do it the same time as you girls!

Quoting Mommyof1_2013:

Same name and same problem areas! lol. Good luck with your goal! May 19th we'll be starting a new challenge that includes the stomach area. I'm thinking about doing the 5/100 challenge that I posted but adding in crunches also. That one is a 5 week challenge versus 30 days.

Quoting MySweetChild:

Mommyof1_2013
by Group Owner on May. 6, 2013 at 9:27 PM

I'm starting a challenge on the 19th. The plan was originally to do the abs challenge, but since I found the 5/100 challenge, I'm thinking about doing that one. It includes jumping jacks, burpees, squats, push ups and sit ups so it's more of a rounded workout versus only working on one area. you can find the challenge here http://www.cafemom.com/group/118956/forums/read/18474056/5_100_fitness_challenge?ct=acc_active_posts if you want to check it out. In any case, I will definitely keep everyone updated on what challenge is next, and not everyone has to do the same challenge

saraewhite
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Hello everyone! My name is Sara. I am 29. I have two children, Hunter is 6 and Hailey is 4. I am married to my husband Josh. We will be married 4 years in September and together 10 years in June. We live in Stanley, WI.

I had lost 30 lbs between September of 2012 and January 2013, but unfortunatly it was not the healthy way. I was only eating one meal a day. Now that I have started working again I find myself eating at work and it is not the healthiest (subs, pasta's and pizza). I usually only home two nights a week to cook meals.

I want to get away from the hamburger and chicken helper, macaroni and cheese and frozen pizzas.

I would love to get some great ideas for meals thatincorporate more fresh fruits and vegetables and way less fat!

I also hate exercising! To me it is like pulling teeth without any form of sedation or novicaine, lol! So if anyone has any wonderful ideas on exercising for those who don't that would be much appreciated as well.

If you have any questions, ask away!

Mommyof1_2013
by Group Owner on May. 8, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Welcome to the group Sara! I try to post at least one recipe a day. I've been getting great healthy recipes from skinnytaste.com. also since you're not home often to cook dinner, crock pot dinners are amazing! Set it up the night before, start it in the morning and by time you get home dinner is ready!!
I'm working on cutting out the fast food also, and I gave up soda about 2 years ago. If I do go to a fast food joint I eat a salad with grilled chicken. Not as much grease or fat!
Exercising is a whole new topic lol! You'll notice we do challenges in here, feel free to participate in any challenge you'd like. They are so much easier to do when you have a support group to check in with, which is why I made this group. But I would recommend dancing as an alternative to working out since you don't like working out. Turn the radio up and just dance, dance with your daughter and have fun! They also have great dancing games for all the consoles. You start doing them and don't realize how much your burning until the next day lol. Or go run around outside with the kids, also just walking daily helps. Take a family walk around the neighborhood a few times a week.
Good luck with everything! And I look forward to talking with you more.

Quoting saraewhite:

Hello everyone! My name is Sara. I am 29. I have two children, Hunter is 6 and Hailey is 4. I am married to my husband Josh. We will be married 4 years in September and together 10 years in June. We live in Stanley, WI.

I had lost 30 lbs between September of 2012 and January 2013, but unfortunatly it was not the healthy way. I was only eating one meal a day. Now that I have started working again I find myself eating at work and it is not the healthiest (subs, pasta's and pizza). I usually only home two nights a week to cook meals.

I want to get away from the hamburger and chicken helper, macaroni and cheese and frozen pizzas.

I would love to get some great ideas for meals thatincorporate more fresh fruits and vegetables and way less fat!

I also hate exercising! To me it is like pulling teeth without any form of sedation or novicaine, lol! So if anyone has any wonderful ideas on exercising for those who don't that would be much appreciated as well.

If you have any questions, ask away!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN