Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Day Squat Challenge Begins Sept. 9th!

Posted by on May. 20, 2013 at 4:55 PM
  • 41 Replies
  • 1943 Total Views

I'm starting the squat challenge again this Monday. If anyone is interested in doing it please sign up below and update daily so we know you're doing it and ok =) 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rXJzj9K3sxU

This is also a quick video of how to do a proper squat.

by on May. 20, 2013 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
barneysaid
by Member on May. 21, 2013 at 10:32 AM
This is great :) I would love to tone up my behind. Did you complete this challenge? Any results?
goddess99
by Head Admin on May. 21, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Oh yeah, some of us in this group completed this last week. I also dieted and part way through decided to go vegan. I lost 19 pounds so far. I am down a jean size and 1 bra size.

Quoting barneysaid:

This is great :) I would love to tone up my behind. Did you complete this challenge? Any results?

barneysaid
by Member on May. 22, 2013 at 12:16 AM
Wow!!! 19 pounds in 30 days..?! I'm trying to cut back on my portions and eat less a day. I really don't eat breakfast and I should. So I usually eat around 10-11am and then dinner. I wanna eat something light in the morning. Like a smoothie and a bagels or something... Any suggestions?

Quoting goddess99:

Oh yeah, some of us in this group completed this last week. I also dieted and part way through decided to go vegan. I lost 19 pounds so far. I am down a jean size and 1 bra size.

Quoting barneysaid:

goddess99
by Head Admin on May. 22, 2013 at 12:30 AM

It's been more like 45 days but still not too bad. I try to have a bagel with peanut butter in the morning, I have fruit for lunch like pineapple slices, berries and almond slices over all of it, then a vegan/vegetarian version of what the rest of my family is having. I also snack most of the day to be honest but it's always fruit or carrot sticks or something like that.

Quoting barneysaid:

Wow!!! 19 pounds in 30 days..?! I'm trying to cut back on my portions and eat less a day. I really don't eat breakfast and I should. So I usually eat around 10-11am and then dinner. I wanna eat something light in the morning. Like a smoothie and a bagels or something... Any suggestions?

Quoting goddess99:

Quoting barneysaid:

barneysaid
by Member on May. 22, 2013 at 12:35 AM
That's good. I'm going to eat more veggies and fruit. Did you do any other exercises besides the squat challenge?

Quoting goddess99:

It's been more like 45 days but still not too bad. I try to have a bagel with peanut butter in the morning, I have fruit for lunch like pineapple slices, berries and almond slices over all of it, then a vegan/vegetarian version of what the rest of my family is having. I also snack most of the day to be honest but it's always fruit or carrot sticks or something like that.

Quoting barneysaid:

Quoting goddess99:

Quoting barneysaid:

goddess99
by Head Admin on May. 22, 2013 at 12:38 AM

I did not. I'm a bigger girl, my goal is to lose 100 pounds so the squats was about what my body could handle.

Quoting barneysaid:

That's good. I'm going to eat more veggies and fruit. Did you do any other exercises besides the squat challenge?

Quoting goddess99:

Quoting barneysaid:

Quoting goddess99:

Quoting barneysaid:

barneysaid
by Member on May. 22, 2013 at 12:42 AM
Lol me too. I'm the heaviest I've ever been. I'm 220 and I hate it!! I did 30 squat and I was literally dying. Lol I also want to take walks and drink more water. I only drink about 3 regular size bottles a day. I need more. I feel thirsty all the time.

Quoting goddess99:

I did not. I'm a bigger girl, my goal is to lose 100 pounds so the squats was about what my body could handle.

Quoting barneysaid:

Quoting goddess99:

Quoting barneysaid:

Quoting goddess99:

Quoting barneysaid:

goddess99
by Head Admin on May. 22, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Yeah if you're going to do the squat challenge, start slow. We actually made it a 40 day and started with 10 and added 5 everyday until we hit 50, then did the regular challenge. It is hard but now so are my legs lol so it was a win =D

Quoting barneysaid:

Lol me too. I'm the heaviest I've ever been. I'm 220 and I hate it!! I did 30 squat and I was literally dying. Lol I also want to take walks and drink more water. I only drink about 3 regular size bottles a day. I need more. I feel thirsty all the time.

Quoting goddess99:

Quoting barneysaid:

Quoting goddess99:

Quoting barneysaid:

Quoting goddess99:

Quoting barneysaid:

barneysaid
by Member on May. 22, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Great thanks!!!! Yea 30 was too much for me :)

Quoting goddess99:

Yeah if you're going to do the squat challenge, start slow. We actually made it a 40 day and started with 10 and added 5 everyday until we hit 50, then did the regular challenge. It is hard but now so are my legs lol so it was a win =D

Quoting barneysaid:

Quoting goddess99:

Quoting barneysaid:

Quoting goddess99:

Quoting barneysaid:

Quoting goddess99:

Quoting barneysaid:

goddess99
by Head Admin on May. 22, 2013 at 9:10 AM

You'll get there. When you finish this challenge you'll have to do another challenge with us. I think at the end of June I'm going to try to do the Jillian Michaels 6 week to a 6 pack. Mostly because I'm insane so if you're interested, you could do it with me.

Quoting barneysaid:

Great thanks!!!! Yea 30 was too much for me :)

Quoting goddess99:

Quoting barneysaid:

Quoting goddess99:

Quoting barneysaid:

Quoting goddess99:

Quoting barneysaid:

Quoting goddess99:

Quoting barneysaid:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)