Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really Need some help

Posted by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 12:32 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 219 Total Views

because I dont want to over push myself. I had 2 back surgeries 2 years ago and oveer weight. I deal with pain from my back but feel that if I was able to lose weight I can get rid of some of this pain. So I am clearly a beginner... I walk when I can and really am looking to find a workout plan that I can use to start off untill i build up my strenght. So if u ladies have any ideas please help. When it comes to eatting I almost never eat breakfest and little for lunch a decent dinner but find myself snacking through out the night so I need some help. Please and thank you 

by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mystictigeress
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Walking is a great exercise. I had back surgery last year, and I'm trying to loose weight to keep from going through anything like that again. My main exercise is walking, or I get on the elipticall at the gym. My plan is to walk and loose weight, then I will see what I think my body can handle after that. To keep up with my calorie intake, I joined myfitnesspal.com It helps you keep track of calories consumed and burned in a days time. You can also find recipe ideas on there also. Another thing is to drink water, and lots of it. I drink at least 4 to 6 bottles of water a day, and absolutely no soda!

hopenalivia
by New Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Thanks

goddess99
by Head Admin on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:59 PM

What does your doctor say about you exercising?

Make sure your snack foods are fruit or veggies. That way you can eat as much as you want and at least won't gain any weight from snacking.

hopenalivia
by New Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 4:04 PM

IM not currently seeing one because I dont have insurance :( I am really bad when it comes to food it is one of the main things that I need to work on because honeslty I wish I could eat what I want and not worry about it but thats not how things work :(

Quoting goddess99:

Make sure your snack foods are fruit or veggies. That way you can eat as much as you want and at least won't gain any weight from snacking.

goddess99
by Head Admin on Jun. 13, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Then I would just continue to walk and see how you feel. I know what you mean about the food. I changed my diet completely, I went from eating whatever, whenever to going vegan. So I am much more limited now, but I am finding more and more healthy foods that I Love. I am down 21 pounds just from minimal exercises and diet changes. You can do it, just try some new foods. I love all fruits so that's about 75% of my complete diet.

Quoting hopenalivia:

IM not currently seeing one because I dont have insurance :( I am really bad when it comes to food it is one of the main things that I need to work on because honeslty I wish I could eat what I want and not worry about it but thats not how things work :(

Quoting goddess99:

Mommyof1_2013
by Group Owner on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Everything they've said is a good start. Walking will give you the cardio (especially if you add in speed walking) to burn fat, you could even step it up with ankle weights after a while. Eating breakfast is a substantial part of the day as that's where you get the boost of energy to get your metabolism going again and to start your day. You don't need to eat a huge breakfast but something in the morning will definitely help. You can try the breakfast drinks if that helps. And eating fruits or veggies as snacks during the day is way better for you and less calories than chips, cookies or anything of that nature. But make sure you are watching your calories, if you intake less than 1200 calories a day your body will go into starvation mode and will store any fat to survive. 

Hope that helps, good luck!

hopenalivia
by New Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Thanks ladies
JackieHauser
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Everything mentioned below is great advice!  You need to make goals and take baby steps.  It won't happen over night.  One think I may recommend since your eatting habits are not good is to try supplementing yourself with a nutritional shake or something along that line.  It starts with healthy food choice and then you add from there ;)  One more great thing is to find an accountability group or partner to help you out with this!  I have challenge groups on a regular basis monthly on FB.  If intersted about joining one message me.

have a nice day

For great recipies and workout tracking and free coaching advice feel free to message me for more information on how to follow my health & fitness journey! My goal in life is helping others become physically and/or financially FIT today! Accountability groups are help pretty regulary on a monthly basis!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)