Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frustrated !

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:54 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 267 Total Views
I have been working out and eating more frequently and I gained! 5lbs!!!! This hasn't happened to me before. WTH!?!?
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
goddess99
by Head Admin on Jun. 22, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Are you over 40? What kinds of things are you eating? Are all your smaller meals and snacks fruits and veggies?

X.Rukia.X
by New Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this
No I am 31 and never had this issue. Gonna kick up my running I guess. Before I got pg I was running 10 miles daily. Gotta start slowly back so going to do 3 miles daily along with my 30 day squat challenge.

Quoting goddess99:

Are you over 40? What kinds of things are you eating? Are all your smaller meals and snacks fruits and veggies?

angiemoreau
by New Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this

maybe it's muscle gain?

Mommyof1_2013
by Group Owner on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this
It could be muscle gain, or water weight. If your due for your period soon that can cause water weight. Don't focus on the weight loss, if you measure yourself and watch the inches you'll see better results. Don't get frustrated :-)
X.Rukia.X
by New Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:17 AM
I won't be getting my period for a while. Well at least I shouldn't . I am breast feeding and never got one in the past while doing so. And so far I am two and a half months along and nothing! Woot.

Yeah my husband says muscle too and I tell my friend who gained as well that hers us muscle. But for me I am not seeing any changes. So I am finding it hard to swallow for myself that its muscle weight.
sarahw0513
by New Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 4:02 PM

That is a lot of weight for muscle gain. It could be any number of factors.. how healthy is the food you are eating, sometimes you have to worry about more than just calories. You could be eating too little. Are you being consistent in your workouts/eating? How much do you weigh right now? Maybe if you are already at an almost healthy weight I could see it being muscle gain, but I'm not sure. I've had a long road of figuring out how to get this whole thing right, so if you'd like to talk more about it, just message me, I'd be happy to help. :)

-Sarah

Check out my blog for free printables, organizational tips, tips for WAHMs, to follow my health & fitness journey, & more! Also, ask me how to get physically AND financially FIT today! Add me on Facebook and shoot me a message there if you are interested in getting healthy and joining one of my fitness accountability groups.

JackieHauser
by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I mentioned this to someone else as well.  You need to make goals and take baby steps.  It won't happen over night.  One think I may recommend since your eatting habits are not good is to try supplementing yourself with a nutritional shake or something along that line.  It starts with healthy food choice and then you add from there ;)  One more great thing is to find an accountability group or partner to help you out with this!  I have challenge groups on a regular basis monthly on FB.  If intersted about joining one message me.

have a nice day

For great recipies and workout tracking and free coaching advice feel free to message me for more information on how to follow my health & fitness journey! My goal in life is helping others become physically and/or financially FIT today! Accountability groups are held pretty regulary on a monthly basis!
sheath616
by Member on Aug. 8, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Have you heard of Omnitrition? They have an amazing program for weight loss. I lost 14.9 lbs and 5 inches in 21 days and have kept it off for over a month and counting.  My husband lost 26 lbs in 23 days and he's still maintaining. It works! My parents both used it as well and have lost weight and kept it off. I'll include their before/after pictures. This stuff is amazing! Message me if you'd like to chat about it or want more info.

X.Rukia.X
by New Member on Aug. 8, 2013 at 1:26 PM
I have been calorie tracking, running and weight lifting. It's slowly coming off. I won't take anything to help me loose weight for a couple reasons but the main one is I nurse my baby. The only supplements I take is a multivitamin and I will be starting a protein shake after workouts.

Thank you everyone!!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)