Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In a mood....

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 3:38 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 73 Total Views
This whole year got messed up with the taxes not showing up. We didn't get to buy our replacement plants or half the crap we needed and expected. It's almost August and we still haven't gotten it. So by now it's too late to do anything with it to help the garden. I'm a bit bummed as we hoped to get our homestead up. Now there is a possibility that honey is getting deployed. It's a good and bad thing. The money will help as they give deployment bonuses and spousal pay, but I hate him going. However we are looking to get the VA loan and get onto more land and the money will mean next year should be better.

Ugh. I don't mean to vent. Just was a bit bummed today. My gaffe got washed out with all the rains and floods. We can't have chickens here... So I'm feel off. Also we planned on creating my spiritual garden with all the herbs I use to create medicines too, and that can't happen. So yea... Guess I'm just needing to vent! Sorry everyone!

But in a plus, anyone interested in homemade lip balm, soothing balm or the type of recipes?
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Roisin07
by Head Admin on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Geez, I know all too well what your going through with the taxes thing. Thankfully our did finally come minus the money they claim they were owed...Everything was on hold this year. Our garden suffered greatly because we did a smaller one than normal and it was all planted late. Do you know what the hold up is. Did you call the tax advocate people? They aren't the best, but it did help get the ball rolling a bit faster for me. It's crazy that they can screw with people's lives like that, but forbid if you owed them money because they would have it fast. 

Hope it gets better for you soon...

And I love lip balms:)

whitewinterose
by Group Owner on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Thanks! We have been talking every other week with the IRS about it. At first it was a mistake I made filing. I claimed dependency of the boys for him, but for some reason the EIC also got checked and he is not eligible to claim that b/c we were not married last year. But the fact this is taking so long is crummy. However if I had done that and claimed to owe more money, they NEVER would have caught it! Stupid! Tomorrow he can call and find out when it will post.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)