Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

July Chat Thread :)

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:19 PM
  • 169 Replies
  • 1346 Total Views
Happy July! I hope everyone's summer has gotten off to a nice start!
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mum.becca
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:31 PM

I'm keeping up with things in the house (well, aside from the laundry room becoming a storage area for clothes and toys at the moment...) but I've been a slacker online. Time to try changing that! Might have to set aside a bit of my morning productivity for updating so that my brain isn't lacking when I come here at night!

We took the boys for a drive on our holiday Monday, across the Big Orange Bridge on Kootenay Lake and along the lake to Balfour where the big ferries go across. They tossed rocks in the water, we saw ducks and watched one ferry load before setting off. Then we drove back, saw a really long line-up at the outdoor Dairy Queen and took a different route home to go to the other DQ.

When we finally arrived home, Sis #2 had left a message inviting us to dinner at her place with my parents. Grabbed a few food items to contribute and off we went! The boys went to bed late and may not have caught up on sleep yet since they won't sleep in. (Small eyeroll at their inability to understand late mornings, hee hee.)

mum.becca
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Tuesday was my planned day to mow the lawn, which really needed to be done. Got most of it done in the morning, but the mower and I both ran out of steam. I finished it off after lunch and the heat wasn't actually as bad for that as I expected.

Also had bloodwork requisitions from the OB clinic. The boys were entertained by a singing stuffed pig they have in the lab. :)

Wednesday was grocery shopping, Thursday was napping and washing the car. We also managed to get in walks right after breakfast those two days, and one of them involved the cat coming after us!

mum.becca
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Friday after breakfast we packed up for the beach. Got there before 9, so at first I wasn't warm enough for the water - a cooler day for once, but I didn't mind it for beachtime. After a snack, I did wade in the lake for a bit and helped Tim practice basic paddling plus kicking. (He needs swim lessons again when we can get details worked out.) We also walked over to the camp playground before our morning was up, had it all to ourselves!

The afternoon was stormy, a good time to finish up watching the last season of Smash. Mostly happy about how it ended, glad I kept it on the PVR that long.

Family movie night to end the day, Transformers and then when the boys were in bed, Material Girls for me. (Slightly cheesy and hopefully clean teen movies are my thing, I guess.)

mum.becca
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Today has started out quiet (well, not the kids themselves but the level of activity overall) and will likely include afternoon nap for the boys (and possibly me too). Should get them out for a walk now to use up some energy, then declare storytime before the nap. Not sure what the evening holds, probably more movies if we can think of any? Or reading time? (I've started two books in a row that didn't hook me, hoping the second Artemis Fowl will start another streak of good novels.)

belovedbeliever
by Group Owner on Jul. 6, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Awww...that sounds like a really nice day, Becca--especially the yummy dq visitsimple smile

belovedbeliever
by Group Owner on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Ugh.  I have no access to photoshop while i wait for my computer to get fixed and I am torn between taking off the cute lijah green belt sig or leaving it on until i can edit and post his updated blue belt sig.  And I can't even find my old disc for paint shop pro to make a substitute one there.  I know...minor problem but i'm ridiculously pms-y so i had to whine somewhere :p

mum.becca
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Hooray for Lijah's blue belt! I'm sorry you can't edit your siggies right now.

Jewel_0108
by Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 7:20 AM

Becca, I'm having a hard time getting computer time as well.  I'm trying to at least get on twice a week.  Luckily, I am able to post SOAP in the Bible study from my phone each morning. wink mini

Jewel_0108
by Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 7:22 AM

It sounds like you have a fun day at the beach!  We have planned our trips to our amusement parks, but we haven't picked out a beach day yet.  We will probably just go on the first day dh is home and the weather is good.  We are doing the same thing for our yearly zoo trip.

Jewel_0108
by Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 7:24 AM

Lindy, I think this is the best place to come when you need to have a good pms whine.  We can all relate.  big smile mini

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)