Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

May Reading Thread

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:58 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 206 Total Views

What are you reading this month? Waiting for new releases or library holds? Tell us all about it!

by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mum.becca
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 12:02 PM

I'm currently reading The Advocate by Randy Singer. This one's for review from Tyndale, and I'm fairly sure I'll be posting a positive one. Good historical fiction that includes Jesus' trial with Pontius Pilate.

I also started a Bones novel by Kathy Reichs, but it's a bit dry and has some coarse language. Having some of the action set in New Brunswick and Montreal helped. I may just skim to see what happens, then return the book to the library.

Up next: I'll try a SEAL thriller series I'm able to read free thanks to NetGalley. I think the last book is a new release.

harknessangels
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2014 at 11:51 AM

I am reading The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty. I am only a few chapters in so far. 

Next up will be Moon Spinners...A Seaside Knitting Mystery by Sally Goldenbaum and The House of Tyneford by Natasha Solomons.

harknessangels
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2014 at 5:19 PM

I just got the book, Rhinestone Jesus by Kristen Welch in today. That is going to be my new non-fiction read. 

harknessangels
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2014 at 3:32 PM

I figured out the husbands secret early on...there is some language in the book (The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty)...but the epilogue really got me thinking...wow!  

I am still reading Rhinestone Jesus and starting Growing Up Duggar. 

harknessangels
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2014 at 10:05 AM

I am reading, Moon Spinners by Sally Goldenbaum.  It is a Seaside Knitters Mystery...such nice light reading.  

harknessangels
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2014 at 10:34 AM

I am reading Rainwater by Sandra Brown.   

harknessangels
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2014 at 7:00 PM

i am now reading The Sisters of the Quilt trilogy by Cindy Woodsmall. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)