Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

May Chat Thread

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 12:03 PM
  • 36 Replies
  • 345 Total Views

Any plans this month, ladies? Birthdays, anniversaries, etc? Hope you have fun whatever you're doing!

by on May. 4, 2014 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mum.becca
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 12:11 PM

My parents were both born in May, and this year is Dad's 70th! We're having a surprise dinner out next Saturday with some of his friends. Then we'll have a family lunch on Mother's Day to celebrate them both. (That leaves the evening free for my guys to treat me to dinner.) Mum's birthday is at the end of the month, and I'm hoping I won't forget where I stashed a gift I got her last year before Christmas!

Other things happening this month... Ben has a speech assessment to see if he needs one-on-one therapy sessions before going to kindergarten in the fall. We'll have a bit of planting to do since we grew moonflowers and morning glory indoors (and they're outgrowing their pots). And Alex is now three months old, so I'm anticipating some fun developmental milestones.

Leonacameron
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 5:26 PM

Well the big one is school getting out at the end of the month.  Though William won't be quite all the way through.

Shayne is in New Zealand again and will be gone most of the month.

Mother's Day is on hold until he gets back, though Michael W Smith is leading worship all weekend.  Nice :)

I'm going to see the movie "Mom's Night Out" on Friday.  I have a House Party on Saturday that looks like no one is coming to. :P    I have a curriculum fair to go to on the 16th and 17th.  Angus Buchan is speaking at church that weekend too.

One of the weekends of May we will have to go to the local Renaissance Fair.

That is pretty well it. My trip to DC is in June.

harknessangels
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2014 at 11:42 AM

What a month of family celebrations for you, Becca! That sounds like a lot of fun!  Looking forward to hearing about all of Alex's milestones!  :)  

Leona:  Yay for school getting out!  So sorry Shayne is in New  Zealand and your Mother's Day celebration is on hold. Yay for Michael W. Smith leading worship!  I want to see that movie, let me know what you think and I hope that you have a great turnout for the House Party.  You are coming to my area in June!  yay!  

harknessangels
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2014 at 11:48 AM

No special dates here in May.  Hoping to finish up our school work for the year and maybe just work on keeping our math skills fresh throughout the summer. 

Hoping to open the pool by the end of the month. After all the rain last week, it has become a science project on top of the liner....a million tadpoles are swimming around in water. I am hoping they turn into frogs before we have to clear that water off. 

Looking forward to planting the rest of the garden and eating what it produces!  :)  

mum.becca
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2014 at 11:25 AM

Copying Ashley's latest update:

Good morning! The sprain healed supernaturally fast and my rib was NOT dislocated! Praise God!!!

Tomorrow h turns 3! Yikes! We are having her party on Saturday. I am hoping to buy her a bunny at the small animal sell/swap Saturday morning. Wish me luck!

C has a bowling field trip tomorrow. That should be fun!!

E goes bowling on Thursday I think. I have to double check on that date.

The weather has been warming up here. We are excited for warmer temps!! Dh and I went fishing on Sunday, but didn't have any bites. Hoping we catch something next time we go out.

Well, I didn't have to babysit k today or yesterday or tomorrow. Nice to have a little break! I will be missing the extra money. I think I will have enough money saved up for a new dishwasher by June. Yay!!!

mum.becca
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Yay for MWS at your church this coming weekend. Very cool! I think he'll be on Sirius on Monday to promote his next CD.

What product is the House Party? I'd love to attend yours, need to get that hologram technology worked out, eh? Or teleporters... I was checking on the HP site yesterday and there aren't many open right now, and none for Canada. I hope that last part changes soon 'cause I could do some great promoting for them in my area!

Yay for the curriculum fair! And Angus Buchan coming! I still haven't watched all of the video from his visit to Nelson, but I do have it saved on my computer. :)

Ooh, a renaissance fair! I really need to visit you to do all these cool things! Even DC, though I'm not a huge fan of large cities. (Even Kelowna is a bit too big, especially if I'm driving. Fredericton was great that way, capital city but rather small for one.)

Quoting Leonacameron:

Well the big one is school getting out at the end of the month.  Though William won't be quite all the way through.

Shayne is in New Zealand again and will be gone most of the month.

Mother's Day is on hold until he gets back, though Michael W Smith is leading worship all weekend.  Nice :)

I'm going to see the movie "Mom's Night Out" on Friday.  I have a House Party on Saturday that looks like no one is coming to. :P    I have a curriculum fair to go to on the 16th and 17th.  Angus Buchan is speaking at church that weekend too.

One of the weekends of May we will have to go to the local Renaissance Fair.

That is pretty well it. My trip to DC is in June.

mum.becca
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2014 at 11:35 AM

I finally finished reading the first Harry Potter to Tim (started last year on May 11th but Ben hated sitting still for a book without pictures, so it took us a looooong time) and I was smiling at a line about summer being a time to empty out the students' brains to be filled up again the next school year. I hope that doesn't happen with your kids and their math skills! ;)

Yay for the pool and so cool to witness tadpole growth! I also hope they've turned into frogs and hopped away so there's no hassle for you.

You'll have to tell us everything you've planted in your garden, and if we get to one this year, I'll do the same. I really need to get out soon and clear out the strawberry patch, hoping it survived after our pumpkin and tomato experiments of last summer...

Quoting harknessangels:

No special dates here in May.  Hoping to finish up our school work for the year and maybe just work on keeping our math skills fresh throughout the summer. 

Hoping to open the pool by the end of the month. After all the rain last week, it has become a science project on top of the liner....a million tadpoles are swimming around in water. I am hoping they turn into frogs before we have to clear that water off. 

Looking forward to planting the rest of the garden and eating what it produces!  :)  

mum.becca
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2014 at 12:07 PM

Yay for feeling much better! Hooray for Harper's birthday, can't believe it's been 3 years already! Enjoy the party and I hope you're able to get her that bunny. :) I hope the older two enjoy their bowling outings. Our church just did one for the Sunday school classes, and before that we went with the library during spring break. So much fun for the kids, and then they come home wanting to play Wii Bowling. :)

Three cheers for the dishwasher! We just got one, after almost 4 1/2 years in this house. While I managed without one last time I had a baby in the house, it seemed that Hubby finally thought it was a necessary expense. (I had been convinced there was no room for one in our tiny kitchen with its lower-than-standard countertops, but he lifted up one counter in order to put in the shortest washer on the market.) It's so nice to have that bit of extra help and we're challenging ourselves to fit as much as possible in one washing, learning what works while trying to be efficient and saving money too. ;)

Quoting mum.becca:

Good morning! The sprain healed supernaturally fast and my rib was NOT dislocated! Praise God!!! Tomorrow h turns 3! Yikes! We are having her party on Saturday. I am hoping to buy her a bunny at the small animal sell/swap Saturday morning. Wish me luck! C has a bowling field trip tomorrow. That should be fun!! E goes bowling on Thursday I think. I have to double check on that date. The weather has been warming up here. We are excited for warmer temps!! Dh and I went fishing on Sunday, but didn't have any bites. Hoping we catch something next time we go out. Well, I didn't have to babysit k today or yesterday or tomorrow. Nice to have a little break! I will be missing the extra money. I think I will have enough money saved up for a new dishwasher by June. Yay!!!

mum.becca
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2014 at 12:07 PM

I have a couple phone calls to make while Alex is napping, and before we head out to the library for reading club. Will have to come back later for an update post. :)

harknessangels
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2014 at 2:00 PM

Oh my goodness, Ashley, Harper can't be 3 already!  Hope you are able to get her a bunny!  yay for her birthday party, the bowling field trip and warmer temps!  Woohoo for having the money saved for the dishwasher by next month!!  Hope you are having a great day!!! 

Quoting mum.becca:

Good morning! The sprain healed supernaturally fast and my rib was NOT dislocated! Praise God!!! Tomorrow h turns 3! Yikes! We are having her party on Saturday. I am hoping to buy her a bunny at the small animal sell/swap Saturday morning. Wish me luck! C has a bowling field trip tomorrow. That should be fun!! E goes bowling on Thursday I think. I have to double check on that date. The weather has been warming up here. We are excited for warmer temps!! Dh and I went fishing on Sunday, but didn't have any bites. Hoping we catch something next time we go out. Well, I didn't have to babysit k today or yesterday or tomorrow. Nice to have a little break! I will be missing the extra money. I think I will have enough money saved up for a new dishwasher by June. Yay!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)