Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 week wait

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 7:46 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 91 Total Views

Can I just say this 2 week wait is dragging lol Oh man does it feel like 2 years and its only been 4DPO lol. I wont find out if im pregnant or not till 5 nov thats when my period is due. I plan to test 3 days later if I miss my period. Fingers x 

I have a good feeling about this cycle but you never know!

by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 7:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
deb51980
by Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Just a random philosopical musing....would it seem longer or shorter than if you were a worried sick 15 y/o?

You're thinking about it too much but how can you not?  

Read some posts about teens out of control to distract yourself.  LOL

beeuk
by Group Owner on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Lol I just read about would you put your 13yo on birth control and I said yes if she was sexually active, or thinking about being sexually active etc and all CMs can do is post ANON that if my 13 y o was sexually active I failed..... I said no failing would be knowing shes sexually active and not putting her on the pill and she gets pregnant at 13.  sighs.... whats your thoughs, as you have a 13 yo imagine he was a she an was sexually active or thinking about being sexually active would you consider it?

deb51980
by Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Huh?  When you and I were growing up, only girls got pregnant.  Now the boy gets pregnant as well...in my book and the mothers with I talk with.

I think I'm OK for the time being.  My 13 y/o was assigned to write a research paper.  He chose the topic of the financial costs of raising a baby. We went into diapers how disposables were cheaper than washing cloth at a laundromat...interviewing mothers there.  Food, clothing, medical care at two levels of living standards.  His half of the baby's expenses gave him pause to think.  (He got an A+ on the paper, BTW).

My 16 y/o has issues relating to girls...he turned down an invitation to the Homecoming Dance.

So I think my discussion is theoretical ....at least for the time being.

The only b/c available to males is the condom.  If my son made the choice to be active, I would provide condoms and a lecture involving a banana on how to use.  I would also invite myself for coffee with the girl's mother and have a heart-to-heart.  I might even consider a single sex boarding school.  In Connecticut, sex under the age of 16 is against the law under any circumstance.

Quoting beeuk:

Lol I just read about would you put your 13yo on birth control and I said yes if she was sexually active, or thinking about being sexually active etc and all CMs can do is post ANON that if my 13 y o was sexually active I failed..... I said no failing would be knowing shes sexually active and not putting her on the pill and she gets pregnant at 13.  sighs.... whats your thoughs, as you have a 13 yo imagine he was a she an was sexually active or thinking about being sexually active would you consider it?

beeuk
by Group Owner on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:12 AM

I said imagine he was a she......

Quoting deb51980:

Huh?  When you and I were growing up, only girls got pregnant.  Now the boy gets pregnant as well...in my book and the mothers with I talk with.

I think I'm OK for the time being.  My 13 y/o was assigned to write a research paper.  He chose the topic of the financial costs of raising a baby. We went into diapers how disposables were cheaper than washing cloth at a laundromat...interviewing mothers there.  Food, clothing, medical care at two levels of living standards.  His half of the baby's expenses gave him pause to think.  (He got an A+ on the paper, BTW).

My 16 y/o has issues relating to girls...he turned down an invitation to the Homecoming Dance.

So I think my discussion is theoretical ....at least for the time being.

The only b/c available to males is the condom.  If my son made the choice to be active, I would provide condoms and a lecture involving a banana on how to use.  I would also invite myself for coffee with the girl's mother and have a heart-to-heart.  I might even consider a single sex boarding school.  In Connecticut, sex under the age of 16 is against the law under any circumstance.

Quoting beeuk:

deb51980
by Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Sure.  

My position is no different for a son than a for daughter.  So I didn't consider whether he were a she.

Thinking things over the last day, I decided to amend my reply.  Again, it makes no difference he or she:

Simply preventing pregnancy does no solve the other issues with child sex.  So....I retract my statement that I would provide contraception.  If my child were to become sexually active before the age of 16--boy or girl--I would state my finding that this is a self-destructive act.  Also self-destructive is consuming alcohol, recreational drugs, smoking, murder and a host of other choices over which I have no direct control.  

I would simply allow a pregnancy to happen--boy or girl--rather than participate in a "lesser evil'. It is illegal for a child under the age of 16 to engage in sex.  However much I love my child, I would not engage in an illegal act.

Placing the child in a highly-supervised boarding school would be among my options.

What would you do? ....oh yeah, there's also bidding on e-bay for a decommissioned town jail cell.....

Quoting beeuk:

I said imagine he was a she......

Quoting deb51980:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)