Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Abortions

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 4:16 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 135 Total Views

I was just wondering what you ladies thought of abortions. Are you pro life or pro choice?

I am pro choice, however I personally wouldnt have an abortion.  Being pro choice does not make me pro abortion either. I support our rights as woman to be able to make the choice or not.

by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 4:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deb51980
by Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 4:05 PM

I am in total agreement with you, Bee.

An inconvenient pregancy has only the "least bad" option.  Individual circumstances mean individual choices.

That said, I endorse banning abortions for healthy embtyos at four months past conception.  Carl Sagan opined that once a neuro system is in place, there is the posibility of self-awareness...that is the most reasonable dividing line I have yet heard proposed.

Ever notice that those who picket Planned Parenthood are mostly grey-haired men?  What gives?

turtlesquish23
by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Prochoice but abortions make me sad. but it's not my body :]

My wife is prochoice and would get an abortion if she ever got preggrs. (Even though she would have the cutest baby in the world)
beeuk
by Group Owner on Nov. 30, 2013 at 1:27 PM

how come your wife wouldnt want to be preg?

Quoting turtlesquish23:

My wife is prochoice and would get an abortion if she ever got preggrs. (Even though she would have the cutest baby in the world)

turtlesquish23
by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 1:30 PM

she has some serious anxiety that she is sure the baby would feel (probably would) along with a degenerative spinal condition that makes everyday life hard for her. pregnancy would cause her a lot of pain. she feels she would start to resent the baby for causing her pain and wouldn't be a good parent because of that. her reasoning seems legit to me :)

Quoting beeuk:

Quoting turtlesquish23:

caterpilar
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 1:36 PM
I am prochoice. I wouldn't have an abortion unless it were medically necessary but I believe in a woman's right to choose.
beeuk
by Group Owner on Nov. 30, 2013 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Same here

Quoting caterpilar:

I am prochoice. I wouldn't have an abortion unless it were medically necessary but I believe in a woman's right to choose.

beeuk
by Group Owner on Nov. 30, 2013 at 1:40 PM

ohhhh yeah i see yeah thats good reasons to not want to be preg

Quoting turtlesquish23:

she has some serious anxiety that she is sure the baby would feel (probably would) along with a degenerative spinal condition that makes everyday life hard for her. pregnancy would cause her a lot of pain. she feels she would start to resent the baby for causing her pain and wouldn't be a good parent because of that. her reasoning seems legit to me :)

Quoting beeuk:

Quoting turtlesquish23:

turtlesquish23
by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 1:43 PM

she's a smart cookie! not only that, but the chances of her getting pregnant without medical intervention are slim. she has severe pcos and is peri menopausal. she never has periods. also, her vagina is currently broken. she's just falling apart! (it's kinda funny, her doctor is a lesbian woman who specializes in womens health and doesn't know what's wrong with my wife's vagina. she was doing an exam and was like "damn, she's got some muscles" i just laughed and said "i know." shane (wife) said "really, can we focus on the task at hand?" ha!)

Quoting beeuk:

ohhhh yeah i see yeah thats good reasons to not want to be preg

Quoting turtlesquish23:

Quoting beeuk:

Quoting turtlesquish23:

turtlesquish23
by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 1:44 PM

:)

Quoting caterpilar:

beeuk
by Group Owner on Nov. 30, 2013 at 1:50 PM

loll ohhh my

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN