Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What should I expect....?

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:27 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 300 Total Views

My first time doing IUI? I go see my new OB friday and I'm pretty sure that IUI will be my next step since clomid failed after almost 2 years, so i was just wondering what are some things I should expect before, during, and after the procedure?

Thanks!! :)

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
hypnautica
by Group Owner on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this

IUI honestly is to bad to deal with and I wish I could get pregnant from them. Since you were on Clomid so long I am not sure they would even bother with Femara they may put you on injectables. You will take your meds, get blood work done and an ultrasound or 2 in order to make sure you are producing big enough follicles. Once they reach a certain size they will then have you come in and your dh. Your dh will give a sample and they will take it to the lab where they wash and prep it before you get there most of the time. Once you get there they will take you into an exam room and you will lay on an exam bed like when you go to the gyno for a pap. You even put your feet in the good ole stirrups lol then will then place a catheter into your cervix and inject the washed semen through it. They have you lay there for about 20-30mins and then you get up and go on about your day and about 14 days later you either take an hpt or get a blood test done. I had my last one back in 2008 so I cant remember everything so maybe one of the ladies who recently had one will reply. Good luck and please keep us posted.

JacknJill
by New Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:18 PM
I haven't done an IUI but good luck! Can I ask why we're you on Clomid for so long? I was only on it for 3 months. I never ovulated on it so I will be taking Femara. But I thought you really could t be on it for more than like 6 months! I didn't like Clomid.. Good luck with IUIs. If you go on YouTube, a lot of woman put their personal experience on it!
auburngirl814
by Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 6:41 AM

I really dont know why my OB had me on clomid for so long, thats one reason why I am going to a new OB on Friday. I have read all these women's stories about how badly they react to clomid and the longer you are on it, it will thin out your uterus and if i were to become pregnant, i would prob. have a miscarriage bc my uterus would be so thin. SO I am hoping my new OB will have another plan for me.

Quoting JacknJill:

I haven't done an IUI but good luck! Can I ask why we're you on Clomid for so long? I was only on it for 3 months. I never ovulated on it so I will be taking Femara. But I thought you really could t be on it for more than like 6 months! I didn't like Clomid.. Good luck with IUIs. If you go on YouTube, a lot of woman put their personal experience on it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)