• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

doxycycline?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:06 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 281 Total Views
Has anyone taken it and had a procedure done? Than got pregnant a while after (while not taking doxycycline)?
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
hypnautica
by Group Owner on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:56 PM

I had to take it before each of my IVFs.

charm2mama
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 5:38 PM

I also took it the night before the egg retrieval. My previous RE also prescribed it for some sort of bacterial infection that does nothing usually but can interfere with fertility or something like that. When I took it then, it made me sick since I took it on an empty stomach. I don't think antibiotics will interfere or help with getting pregnant.

Ness2013
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:01 PM
I was wondering about it because I have to take it before a procedure then they will use some sort of dye "down there" to see and future it out what's going on
charm2mama
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 9:06 PM

Yup. That would be a hsg test to see if your tubes are open. I can't remember if I took antibiotics for that or not. I probably did and forgot. Good luck with the procedure.

Ness2013
by Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:35 PM
Thanx a lot. If there is a problem with closed tubes (I'm praying it's not) what are my options and would they be able to open them?

Quoting charm2mama:

Yup. That would be a hsg test to see if your tubes are open. I can't remember if I took antibiotics for that or not. I probably did and forgot. Good luck with the procedure.

charm2mama
by Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 10:07 AM

I think there are various surgerical procedures to open them up depending on why and where they are blocked. I've heard that HSG can also "flush" your tubes - but I"m not sure if that is for people who have blocked or partially blocked tubes. But I don't have much experience with this. When I got mine done, the dye went into one side and not the other. So I asked if I had blocked tube but the Dr doing the procedure said that it probably was a spasm. I asked what the difference between a block and spasm was and she said that a spasm is when the entrance of the fallopian tube shuts closed in response to the dye making it look closed. So I asked how she can tell if it is blocked or a spasm and she said you cannot differentiate between the two. I was thinking they'd want me to do it again, but since we were in line for IVF anyway, we did not repeat the procedure. At least I think that is the reason why we weren't asked to do it again.

Good luck! I'm sure your tubes will be all clear!! 

Quoting Ness2013: Thanx a lot. If there is a problem with closed tubes (I'm praying it's not) what are my options and would they be able to open them?
Quoting charm2mama:

Ness2013
by Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 1:47 AM
Great info that's good to know, good luck to you also......
Lots of baby dust to you

Quoting charm2mama:

I think there are various surgerical procedures to open them up depending on why and where they are blocked. I've heard that HSG can also "flush" your tubes - but I"m not sure if that is for people who have blocked or partially blocked tubes. But I don't have much experience with this. When I got mine done, the dye went into one side and not the other. So I asked if I had blocked tube but the Dr doing the procedure said that it probably was a spasm. I asked what the difference between a block and spasm was and she said that a spasm is when the entrance of the fallopian tube shuts closed in response to the dye making it look closed. So I asked how she can tell if it is blocked or a spasm and she said you cannot differentiate between the two. I was thinking they'd want me to do it again, but since we were in line for IVF anyway, we did not repeat the procedure. At least I think that is the reason why we weren't asked to do it again.

Quoting Ness2013: Thanx a lot. If there is a problem with closed tubes (I'm praying it's not) what are my options and would they be able to open them?

Quoting charm2mama:

charm2mama
by Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 7:48 AM

Good luck Ness - keep us posted on how the procedure goes.

Quoting Ness2013: Great info that's good to know, good luck to you also...... Lots of baby dust to you
Quoting charm2mama:

Quoting charm2mama:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)