Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy "Candy" Bracelets

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:38 AM
  • 0 Replies
  • 259 Total Views

Healthy Candy Bracelets

Prep Time 5 to 10 minutes

Remember those awesome candy bracelets we wore as kids? Not only were they fun to eat and wear, but their super sweet "teeth cracking" candies made our moms (and probably dentists) cringe. As a parent, there are two daily goals I have and if I miraculously achieve them then I feel like I've done my job. Besides just keeping my daughter alive, those two goals are A.) keeping her healthy and B.) keeping her occupied. This summer I've found the solution to both through my fond memories of my favorite candy bracelets. These Healthy "Candy" Bracelets not only keep tiny hands busy, but gives them a snack too. Plus, it stimulates the mind by teaching hand-eye coordination and patterns, earning you double parenting points! Does it get any better? I think not. As with any activity involving scissors and sharp objects, parental supervision is advised.

What you'll need

• elastic cord
  • bamboo skewer
  • freeze dried fruit such as strawberries, bananas, pineapple, or apples
  • dried fruit such as raisins, papaya, or apricots diced small
  • toasted O cereal
Helpful Tip:

You can find freeze dried fruit at major grocery stores in the snack or baby/toddler aisle.

How to make it

1. Measure the cord by wrapping it around a wrist and adding 2 additional inches (about 6 inches for children and 9 inches for adults. With scissors, cut accordingly.

2. creating a hole with a bamboo skewer

With a bamboo skewer with a pointed end, carefully create a hole in the center of the fruit pieces by poking and then gently twisting the skewer through.

3. threading

Thread the fruit and cereal onto the cord, leaving 2 inches free. Thread at random or try creating patterns.

4. healthy candy bracelet

Tie the ends of the bracelet together and cut off any additional cord.

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)