Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello ladies

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:47 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 257 Total Views

Hi I'm Emily. I have 3 boys two on the Autism spectrum but not "officially" diagnosed we're still going through the evaluation process but they are being treated as if they have the diagnoses. My 8 year old Josh goes to a special school for kids with autism and behavior issues. We tried a normal school and when the principal told dh and I to save up bail money instead of college money we knew it was time for a change. My 4 yo Connor is very very smart for his age but he lacks alot of social skills and has limited speech he does talk but its not typical and he doesn't hold conversations. Talking to him is like talking to a wall sometimes. I also have a 9 yo step son Melvin that lives with us full time and he has down syndrome.

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
KatyTylersMom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:30 AM

Welcome:) I'm Meghan and I have two kiddos, ages 4.5 and 3 who are diagnosed PDD-NOS.  My son starts school for the first time on monday with his big sister who is very excited that she and her brother get to go to the same school on the same school bus:)

Your 4 year old sounds like mine in that she talks a TON but it's not typical speech (no past tense verbs, mixes up sentence structure, has 'go-to' phrases that she'll use frequently instead of choosing other more appropriate words) and back and forth conversation is very difficult for her.  My son is more delayed verbally and at 3 is just starting to consistently use 2-3 word phrases to comment or request things. 

VioletsMomTown
by Robyn *Group Owner* on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:21 AM

Hi Emily,

Welcome to the group! You sure have your hands full! I can't believe they said to save for bail money instead of college, wow, that's awful, sounds like a good idea you left that school.

My 5 year old, Violet is just starting to develop some conversation skills lately, its the thing we want the most, I totally understand!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)