Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Serious thought..need advice

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:54 PM
  • 20 Replies
  • 254 Total Views

Perhaps this is very premature but I've been trying to educate myself on every aspect of autism. Now I'm going to begin the journey for biomedical treatment for my son and the special diets etc. now my son is very mild so somewhere deep down I have the hope that he can be "recovered" from ASD.  However, his developmental pediatrician told me his actual diagnosis would be PDD NOS if they didn't do away with the diagnosis and didnt put it under ASD. Now to get to my question. I've been reading a lot of stories and medical reports that are blaming vaccinations among other things as the cause of autism. My son was due for more vaccinations in October and I decided to put them off and was told he can get them when he's older. So I was wondering what if by some miracle I do the biomedical treatment and recover my son would getting the rest of his vaccinations be worth the risk of possible regression if vaccinations are in fact the cause? The other question of my son being allowed to attend school which of course he won't be able to without all of his vaccinations. Of course I would home school him but I feel like school is where you build friendships and experience so many things would I be doing a disservice to my son? I know I'm thinking way ahead but just wanted some input..thank you and sorry for the long post :) 

by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VioletsMomTown
by Robyn *Group Owner* on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:04 AM

I don't vaccinate, and my daughter still has autism. That being said, I don't doubt that vaccines do contribute to some kids' autism, because they contain toxins, and our kids immune systems can't detoxify. We had a test done through the DAN doctor which stated that my daughter's immune system would not do well with vaccines. I'm just glad I didn't vaccinate, I could be facing much harsher problems now if I had.

So this is a personal decision, but please realize, you do not have to vaccinate to have your child attend school. That is a lie that doctor's tell you to force you into it. If you look up a vaccination exemption form for your state, then you can simply give that to the school and they must accept it.

Check out these (link),

Vaccine exemption forms (link)

And...(link)

crossnlilly
by New Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Most importantly autism or not vaccinating is your choice. If you don't feel right about it don't do it. I don't vaccinate either one of my children.
Linda733
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 10:41 AM

It hurts me to think that I may have hurt my son because I always believed that drs know what they are doing and are healers not harmers. I'm starting to see that's not always the case. They drill it into your head all the awful things that could happen if you don't vaccinate and have always said your son is going to be behind if you dont get this shot today and he cant go to school..this is just infuriating.. they would try to give my son 3 vaccinations in one visit and refused. i made them give him one at a time and only once did i let them give him 2 because they said he must have his flu shot!! i had no idea about a vaccination exemption form. I am going read up on that now..thank you so much for sharing that with me..

Quoting VioletsMomTown:

I don't vaccinate, and my daughter still has autism. That being said, I don't doubt that vaccines do contribute to some kids' autism, because they contain toxins, and our kids immune systems can't detoxify. We had a test done through the DAN doctor which stated that my daughter's immune system would not do well with vaccines. I'm just glad I didn't vaccinate, I could be facing much harsher problems now if I had.

So this is a personal decision, but please realize, you do not have to vaccinate to have your child attend school. That is a lie that doctor's tell you to force you into it. If you look up a vaccination exemption form for your state, then you can simply give that to the school and they must accept it.

Check out these (link),

And...(link)

VioletsMomTown
by Robyn *Group Owner* on Nov. 20, 2013 at 11:30 AM

You're not the only one who this has happened to. It wasn't you that hurt your son, so erase that guilt right away. You were doing what you thought was best. You know, some kids are fine with them, and that's where its confusing. For sure a flu shot is one of the worst though, they do contain mercury. This whole autism journey is eye opening...this is not what you read in "What to expect when you're expecting", its so much more complicated than that.

Quoting Linda733:

It hurts me to think that I may have hurt my son because I always believed that drs know what they are doing and are healers not harmers. I'm starting to see that's not always the case. They drill it into your head all the awful things that could happen if you don't vaccinate and have always said your son is going to be behind if you dont get this shot today and he cant go to school..this is just infuriating.. they would try to give my son 3 vaccinations in one visit and refused. i made them give him one at a time and only once did i let them give him 2 because they said he must have his flu shot!! i had no idea about a vaccination exemption form. I am going read up on that now..thank you so much for sharing that with me..

Quoting VioletsMomTown:

Check out these (link),

And...(link)

Linda733
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 11:51 AM

I allowed them to give my son more than one flu shot. I never thought to research any of this. I noticed a difference in him after the shot but I just thought he wasn't feeling well. I feel sick right now  

Quoting VioletsMomTown:

You're not the only one who this has happened to. It wasn't you that hurt your son, so erase that guilt right away. You were doing what you thought was best. You know, some kids are fine with them, and that's where its confusing. For sure a flu shot is one of the worst though, they do contain mercury. This whole autism journey is eye opening...this is not what you read in "What to expect when you're expecting", its so much more complicated than that. Ed 

Quoting Linda733:

Quoting VioletsMomTown:

Check out these (link),

And...(link)

KatyTylersMom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this

A few things I think about quite frequently are that our kids basically have immune deficiencies/irregularities.  Other kids get their shots, eat crappy foods, etc. and are "just fine" - maybe obese by the age of 8, maybe ADD/ADHD, etc. so not *really* fine, but not autistic. 

So.  We then start at the point where we believe that our kids' immune systems are not quite up to snuff - overactive and attacking the body or underactive and unable to clear general toxins let alone injected ones, either way - not normal.  Well then.  Vaccines are generally not indicated for people with abnormal immune systems.  The pediatricians may even have asked you if there was any family history of immune diseases or issues in your families - or they may have skipped that step in their zeal to administer every last dose of every last recommended vaccine on THEIR schedule.  I can tell you what they didn't do - even one single test to determine immune function in your 2 month old prior to immunizations.  The excuse?  Oh - babies under 6 months really don't HAVE much of an immune system.  In fact there are studies that show they cannot even make antibodies - those things that vaccines are supposed to trigger our bodies to make to give us that magcial immunity - until between 6 months and a year.  So then that might beg the question of "why do we even vaccinate our infants if their bodies can't resond to the vaccine?" - the answer I've found on every "mainstream" doctors info website:  "we vaccinate them BECAUSE they have no immune response".. catch 22 anyone? 

So I'll just put this out there - unless you've gone in to the doctor's office in the last 5-7 years and gotten boosters for every single vaccine you had as a child YOU are no longer immune.  YOU (and I, and your parents, and your friends, and your son's teachers, therapists, etc. pretty much EVERYONE) is no longer protected by the "immunity" of your childhood vaccines.  And guess what - you're not dying from measles, mumps, rubella, whooping cough, Diptheria, Tetanus, or any other vaccinated illness.  Herd immunity - that term they like to guilt the public with, threatening massive outbreaks if we fall below a certain % of people immunized - has been gone for a long time.  Back when our parents were getting shots and even when we were back in the 70's and 80's they thought that immunity lasted a lifetime.  Now they have studies showing it's 15 years MAX and most people show titers low enough to not confer immunity after 7 years. 

So am I anti-vaccine?  No, not really.  When both my kids were babies and I believed autism was not something that could happen to my family, they had all their shots (spaced out, never more than one at a time, etc.) up until we saw the failure to progress.  Sadly, that was about 75% of the vaccinations they'd ever require anyway.  Today, after seeing how trashed my kids' immune systems are and watching biomedical treatments to help boost their immune systems and remove toxins work WONDERS, I am absolutely anti-vaccine until it is known that the child is healthy, has a fully functional immune system that can handle the insults of the vaccines properly, and that there is a demonstrated need for that vaccine (chicken pox?  Really? You itch for a week. GET REAL PEOPLE!).  Then it's also important to consider the efficacy of the vaccine - the Flu vaccine doesn't even work in the elderly or very young - they have studies that show maybe a 40% efficacy at best.  Yet they push that vaccine like we're all likely to die THIS WINTER of the flu.  Because it makes them a TON of money. 

So unless you live in one of a very small handful of states which offer no exemptions, NO you do NOT have to vaccinate your child any further than you already have.  Religious exemptions, medical exemptions, and philosophical exemptions are there for a reason and the school systems must accept them.  The same goes for your pediatrician - they can "fire" you as a patient but they cannot administer vaccines against your wishes. 

VioletsMomTown
by Robyn *Group Owner* on Nov. 20, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Immune building is an ongoing issue for us, in fact last winter Violet was sick probably 15 times! Not just a little sick either, like 2-3 weeks really sick each time. She missed a ton of school. Now with the supplements she's taking, she is doing much better this year. She's been a teeny bit under the weather for a few days, 3 times since school started. Not so bad that she even had to miss school. My husband has been really sick twice, for a couple of weeks, and she didn't catch it. We're making progress! She's on liposomal glutathione, which is amazing stuff. She has also been taking a homeopathic remedy called "nosodes", which is basically the same idea as a vaccine except it doesn't have any of the toxins in it, and is much more gentle on the immune system. If you are at all concerned about not being immune to illnesses, then these are a really good alternative.

Linda733
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 3:57 PM

This is a seriously educational post. I feel like I know absolutely nothing. I just read this to my husband and he's speechless..

Quoting KatyTylersMom:

A few things I think about quite frequently are that our kids basically have immune deficiencies/irregularities.  Other kids get their shots, eat crappy foods, etc. and are "just fine" - maybe obese by the age of 8, maybe ADD/ADHD, etc. so not *really* fine, but not autistic. 

So.  We then start at the point where we believe that our kids' immune systems are not quite up to snuff - overactive and attacking the body or underactive and unable to clear general toxins let alone injected ones, either way - not normal.  Well then.  Vaccines are generally not indicated for people with abnormal immune systems.  The pediatricians may even have asked you if there was any family history of immune diseases or issues in your families - or they may have skipped that step in their zeal to administer every last dose of every last recommended vaccine on THEIR schedule.  I can tell you what they didn't do - even one single test to determine immune function in your 2 month old prior to immunizations.  The excuse?  Oh - babies under 6 months really don't HAVE much of an immune system.  In fact there are studies that show they cannot even make antibodies - those things that vaccines are supposed to trigger our bodies to make to give us that magcial immunity - until between 6 months and a year.  So then that might beg the question of "why do we even vaccinate our infants if their bodies can't resond to the vaccine?" - the answer I've found on every "mainstream" doctors info website:  "we vaccinate them BECAUSE they have no immune response".. catch 22 anyone? 

So I'll just put this out there - unless you've gone in to the doctor's office in the last 5-7 years and gotten boosters for every single vaccine you had as a child YOU are no longer immune.  YOU (and I, and your parents, and your friends, and your son's teachers, therapists, etc. pretty much EVERYONE) is no longer protected by the "immunity" of your childhood vaccines.  And guess what - you're not dying from measles, mumps, rubella, whooping cough, Diptheria, Tetanus, or any other vaccinated illness.  Herd immunity - that term they like to guilt the public with, threatening massive outbreaks if we fall below a certain % of people immunized - has been gone for a long time.  Back when our parents were getting shots and even when we were back in the 70's and 80's they thought that immunity lasted a lifetime.  Now they have studies showing it's 15 years MAX and most people show titers low enough to not confer immunity after 7 years. 

So am I anti-vaccine?  No, not really.  When both my kids were babies and I believed autism was not something that could happen to my family, they had all their shots (spaced out, never more than one at a time, etc.) up until we saw the failure to progress.  Sadly, that was about 75% of the vaccinations they'd ever require anyway.  Today, after seeing how trashed my kids' immune systems are and watching biomedical treatments to help boost their immune systems and remove toxins work WONDERS, I am absolutely anti-vaccine until it is known that the child is healthy, has a fully functional immune system that can handle the insults of the vaccines properly, and that there is a demonstrated need for that vaccine (chicken pox?  Really? You itch for a week. GET REAL PEOPLE!).  Then it's also important to consider the efficacy of the vaccine - the Flu vaccine doesn't even work in the elderly or very young - they have studies that show maybe a 40% efficacy at best.  Yet they push that vaccine like we're all likely to die THIS WINTER of the flu.  Because it makes them a TON of money. 

So unless you live in one of a very small handful of states which offer no exemptions, NO you do NOT have to vaccinate your child any further than you already have.  Religious exemptions, medical exemptions, and philosophical exemptions are there for a reason and the school systems must accept them.  The same goes for your pediatrician - they can "fire" you as a patient but they cannot administer vaccines against your wishes. 

Linda733
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:07 PM

My son is 2 1/2 and has only been sick twice and both times were only for a few days. So he has been very lucky in that aspect. That's so awesome to hear about your daughter. What a fabulous change. Thank you for the info. I am adding them to my list now. 

Quoting VioletsMomTown:

Immune building is an ongoing issue for us, in fact last winter Violet was sick probably 15 times! Not just a little sick either, like 2-3 weeks really sick each time. She missed a ton of school. Now with the supplements she's taking, she is doing much better this year. She's been a teeny bit under the weather for a few days, 3 times since school started. Not so bad that she even had to miss school. My husband has been really sick twice, for a couple of weeks, and she didn't catch it. We're making progress! She's on liposomal glutathione, which is amazing stuff. She has also been taking a homeopathic remedy called "nosodes", which is basically the same idea as a vaccine except it doesn't have any of the toxins in it, and is much more gentle on the immune system. If you are at all concerned about not being immune to illnesses, then these are a really good alternative.

bethkeagan
by Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 6:59 PM
see why I love this group!:-) I know what you mean about the guilt! just remember what you have learned and if you have another child you can make a better choice. I will never again vaccinate any of my children by the government way! I will however look into those of homeopathic:-) after I get them healthy. I think all 3 of my kids have gi problems so I am working on that first:-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)