Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

kefir/yogurt scd

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:03 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 387 Total Views
So is there any place i can buy scd legal yogurt or kefir? I dont want to make it! Lol i have enough things to do!
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
VioletsMomTown
by Robyn *Group Owner* on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Ugh, I know, right?! This sucks because I'm having a hard time finding anything SCD in stores either, they all have starch and sugar in them. I did find a woman who makes coconut milk kefir around here, but I have to drive about 40 minutes to buy it. Good news is, it lasts a long time, like several months in the fridge. I did find that Violet had a major detox reaction when we started it though, I have been laying off of it for a few weeks now to get her sorted out. It's strong stuff! I was just giving her tiny little spoonfulls in her apple sauce or drink once or twice a day. I want to try it again though, because its obvious it was working on some level. Almost too good though! Die off reaction is never fun, and we didn't even realize there was that much yeast to kill off to begin with. Just be aware of that. Also, be careful that the yogurt starter or kefir grains are dairy free that they use to make it. I know the woman who makes the one I buy uses starter culture from Cultures For Health, she says its really easy to make. On another note, you can buy the young coconut kefir drink from The Body Ecology website, its like a fizzy coconut water I guess. They only ship to U.S. locations, so you'd be in luck there. I guess a little goes a long way too, you just give little capfulls of it. They sell starter cultures for kefir there too, but again, who has time for all this stuff?!!

bethkeagan
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 6:59 AM
Thanks! I am surprised your daughter still has yeast! :( she has been scd for a while now! I think keagan is going to have to be scd for a long time to. He is going through die off agian but this time i know and i am notgiving in and giving him yeast feeders! I. Just made my first bone broth and i am praying he will eat it in ice chips:)

Quoting VioletsMomTown:

Ugh, I know, right?! This sucks because I'm having a hard time finding anything SCD in stores either, they all have starch and sugar in them. I did find a woman who makes coconut milk kefir around here, but I have to drive about 40 minutes to buy it. Good news is, it lasts a long time, like several months in the fridge. I did find that Violet had a major detox reaction when we started it though, I have been laying off of it for a few weeks now to get her sorted out. It's strong stuff! I was just giving her tiny little spoonfulls in her apple sauce or drink once or twice a day. I want to try it again though, because its obvious it was working on some level. Almost too good though! Die off reaction is never fun, and we didn't even realize there was that much yeast to kill off to begin with. Just be aware of that. Also, be careful that the yogurt starter or kefir grains are dairy free that they use to make it. I know the woman who makes the one I buy uses starter culture from Cultures For Health, she says its really easy to make. On another note, you can buy the young coconut kefir drink from The Body Ecology website, its like a fizzy coconut water I guess. They only ship to U.S. locations, so you'd be in luck there. I guess a little goes a long way too, you just give little capfulls of it. They sell starter cultures for kefir there too, but again, who has time for all this stuff?!!

VioletsMomTown
by Robyn *Group Owner* on Mar. 13, 2014 at 7:21 AM

Yeah, I was surprised too, but its actually almost impossible to completely eliminate it from our system, even you and I have it to some degree. It's more important to keep it at a normal level I guess you could say. There's also an issue with metals and biofilms holding onto it in the gut, so once they are gotten rid of, then some yeast flares too. It's a long process, this healing stuff.

Quoting bethkeagan: Thanks! I am surprised your daughter still has yeast! :( she has been scd for a while now! I think keagan is going to have to be scd for a long time to. He is going through die off agian but this time i know and i am notgiving in and giving him yeast feeders! I. Just made my first bone broth and i am praying he will eat it in ice chips:)
Quoting VioletsMomTown:

bethkeagan
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 7:53 PM
Yeah our poor kids!:(

Quoting VioletsMomTown:

Yeah, I was surprised too, but its actually almost impossible to completely eliminate it from our system, even you and I have it to some degree. It's more important to keep it at a normal level I guess you could say. There's also an issue with metals and biofilms holding onto it in the gut, so once they are gotten rid of, then some yeast flares too. It's a long process, this healing stuff.

Quoting bethkeagan: Thanks! I am surprised your daughter still has yeast! :( she has been scd for a while now! I think keagan is going to have to be scd for a long time to. He is going through die off agian but this time i know and i am notgiving in and giving him yeast feeders! I. Just made my first bone broth and i am praying he will eat it in ice chips:)

Quoting VioletsMomTown:

KatyTylersMom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this

It might be worth trying a homeopathic remedy for yeast, or even an essential oil which can be rubbed on the belly or taken internally in a capsule if you have a kid capable of swallowing such things (I sure don't!).  Oregano oil is a great one though it is a "hot" oil and will need to be mixed with a carrier oil (just regular old olive or coconut oil is fine) before being applied to the skin. 

bethkeagan
by Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 3:28 PM
Thank you. I was using can-sal but i ran out and i cant get any until tuesday. 3Days of not having it and now he is going through die off :(

Quoting KatyTylersMom:

It might be worth trying a homeopathic remedy for yeast, or even an essential oil which can be rubbed on the belly or taken internally in a capsule if you have a kid capable of swallowing such things (I sure don't!).  Oregano oil is a great one though it is a "hot" oil and will need to be mixed with a carrier oil (just regular old olive or coconut oil is fine) before being applied to the skin. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)