Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tips for Moms of Kindergartners

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:19 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 164 Total Views

Tips for Moms of Kindergartners: 

• Take a picture of your child the first and last day of school. Don't forget the first day like I did. 
  • Send things in their lunch that they can open by themselves (if possible). 
  • Have a back up lunch box and/or backpack. (It may get lost or left behind. Both happened to us more than once.) 
  • Find an after school routine that works for your family. Where will the backpack, folders, homework, lunch box, etc. go when we walk in the door? It keeps everything organized, keeps the mess to a minimum, and saves you time in the morning. 
  • Label your child's things (clothes, coats, boots, backpacks, lunch boxes, school supplies etc.) with their name. I can't even begin to tell you the amount of mix-ups there were! Bright Star Kids durable and affordable, stick-on or iron-on labels are the perfect solution.

Found on the blog The Activity Mom

Feel free to share any tips that you have learned from having previous kindergartners or tips anyone has shared with you.

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
tramcd
by Owner - Tracy on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:20 PM

I didn't think about having a back up backpack and lunch box if they are forgotten.

_Mrs.H_
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Good tips.

SciFiMama91
by Head Admin - Ashley on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:45 PM

We're going to have the backup since he changed his mind about the one he wanted after I tossed the receipt. I didn't think about labeling his backpack and stuff though. Silly me.

LoriAnn87
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:02 PM

I took pictures of my son first time of school and his last day of preschool which was his gradutation. We have a back up lunch bag just in case but if he forgets I can always drop it off to his school we don't live that far. But the routine we follow when he went to preschool we will do again when he starts kindergarten in the fall.

my4littlegirls
by Admin - Brenda on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:36 AM

I have a ton of extra lunch boxes and backpacks incase something gets broken. I refuse to send in extra lunch boxes because then they forget 2 at school. I normally use paper bags for those times. I keep a supply of those around for field trips anyways.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)