Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birthday party..

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:37 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 251 Total Views
Hey my son is turning 6 and we plan on inviting his classmates to his birthday party. This will be my first time doing this and I'm nervous. Were still trying to pick a theme and we got a bouncy castle rented. How soon should i send out invitations and do i put parents must attend and what's good food and craft ideas? I want it to be fun but he has 26 kids in his class. I know not all will come but just want to know how to go about everything. Thanks!!
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jemia
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Bump
LoriAnn87
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Once you picked out a date send the invites out month ahead of time so people have some notice of when the party will be. U don't have to put parent's are invited because many stay at the party with there kids espicallly if they don't know the person hosting the party it's a good way of getting to know someone.  Pizza is always good but you have to make sure no one has any food alliergics before ordering any food. Painting or making t shirts are a good craft.

JenaSmith
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Thanks were having a bouncy castle so i wanted to have some crafts they can do also but worried about getting paint everywhere. Like i said its my first year inviting his class so im nervous lol
_Mrs.H_
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Send them out a month ahead.   I can't tell you how many parties my kids were not able to attend because they came the week of.  Which if you want to limit the number of kids that could be the way to go.

Once you pick a theme it will be much easier to pick activities to go along with it.

PyschMeh
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:01 PM

I'm planning DD's 6th birthday as well, and plan to invite friends from school for the first time. I'm sending invites a month ahead, and I found this on pinterest

http://www.fun-stuff-to-do.com/kids-party-games.html

Sorry, I haven't been able to make the links clicky Idk why.

pregnancy due date
kcook55
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:22 PM

i agree with everyone else send invites a month before hand if possible. Also all the invites i ever got listed foods being served which is helpful if some kids have food allergies. Alot of times food is a big reason i wont let my kids attend parties.

I once took ds to a birthday party i stayed with him, i talked to the mom before hand about taking dd she was fine with it but there was several issues reguarding the food i brought from home for dd since it was a pizza party i knew she couldn't eat

Jenn8604
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:09 AM
I only do small parties. Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
weberbaby
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:16 AM
I always put "siblings and parents welcome" on our party invites to limit questions. Last year we did an art theme for her 5th bday. All plates, napkins, cups, etc.. we're bold primary colors. Activities included the dining table covered in paper with markers, crayons, and stamps on it for coloring; two easels up in the backyard for hand painting; play dough and bubbles in the backyard; and the group activity was painting a picture frame ($1 ea at Michaels). I took a picture of my daughter with each kid at the party and mailed them the photo along with the thank you card. We had about 20 kids and their families and it turned out great!
dmom27
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 12:41 PM

I would send invites out at least 2 weeks to a month in advance.  Schedules are so busy this time of year with school, sports, etc.  Most parents would automatically stay with their children of this age, especially since most probably don't know you yet.  My boys have August birthdays, so we did fried chicken, (from the supermarket) watermelon, veggies with dip, and fruit.  The chicken was a really big hit!  In the past, we've done, pita with hummus, sliders, finger sandwiches, pizza, chips and dip, hotdogs.  Just depends on how many kids you're feeding, and what time of day.  Most people would think that a 12:00pm party would include lunch.  If you did  the party at 2:00pm, then snacks alone would be ok.  I try not to do anything too messy, so we stick to play-doh, bubbles, noise makers, mazes.  We also did party themed temporary tattoos.  (With parent permission.)  Theme was pirate.         

JenaSmith
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Thanks yaw allot great ideas. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)