Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Valentine's Day

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:28 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 263 Total Views

Will your kindergartener be having a Valentine's Day party at school? Are you doing bought Valentine's or hand making them?

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
my4littlegirls
by Admin - Brenda on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:00 PM

I buy valentines the year before once they are on clearance cheap.  I did make bags for Christmas breal that I forgot to send so I will be using those with the valentines. Also, my dd made "rainbow loom" bracelets during the snow days to give to everyone.

Jemia
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:17 PM
We do store bought valentines
urbpro
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:25 PM

We usually do store bought Valentines because the kids like to give cards, candy and treats but I found some too cute ideas on Pinterest so we will be doing that this year. I only have to make about 100, lol!

Sillieguze
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:37 PM

His party is next Thursday.  We took advantage of the snow day today and he filled out his valentines.  He picked out Despicable Me valentines that come with tattoos.  

tramcd
by Owner - Tracy on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:48 AM
Meredith is making loom bracelets for everyone and I found a cute Valentine printable online to go with it.
OBImomma
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:55 AM
We are making his Valentine's. He will have a party next Thursday bc his class has a field trip on Friday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michaelsmom25
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 1:32 PM
Ugh! I wanted to but the teacher said they won't have time because of all the "work" that need get done. He goes to a Montessori school. While I love most things about his school I hate how they take much of the fun out of being a child. The parents are allowed to buy and send valentines grams though.
Mrs.Bolin
by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 1:19 AM

Yes! and I buy them. My daughter has no patience for craftyness so I let her pick them out at the store. Hopefully my youngest daughter will be the crafty one by then. They are having thier party next Friday. They are doing sweet heart sundays and Mallory was picked to bring caremal syrup. Other than what the teacher chooses and has approved for a special treat, we are not allowed to bring candy and sweets. Has to be healthy stuff on their list only. So...I bought a few packs of valentines pencils at walmart and im gonna tape paper mustaches that I cut out on the top of them. They are gonna love it! I figured they would like it instead of lips

tramcd
by Owner - Tracy on Feb. 8, 2014 at 8:52 AM
That is not fun! That is sad that they can't even set aside one hour to have a party .

Quoting michaelsmom25: Ugh! I wanted to but the teacher said they won't have time because of all the "work" that need get done. He goes to a Montessori school. While I love most things about his school I hate how they take much of the fun out of being a child. The parents are allowed to buy and send valentines grams though.
michaelsmom25
by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 1:20 PM
Ikr! His teacher told me she thinks valentines day is for couples. I'm like no... Its to celebrate LOVE. Weather its for your family or friends or just your fellow man. Its to celebrate love. Smh. Its ok though. I plan on doing something for my kids that day at home anyway.

Quoting tramcd: That is not fun! That is sad that they can't even set aside one hour to have a party .

Quoting michaelsmom25: Ugh! I wanted to but the teacher said they won't have time because of all the "work" that need get done. He goes to a Montessori school. While I love most things about his school I hate how they take much of the fun out of being a child. The parents are allowed to buy and send valentines grams though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)