Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Happy Friday! *5-9-14

Posted by on May. 9, 2014 at 7:04 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 139 Total Views

Good morning ladies and happy Friday! Yay we all made it another week... seemed to drag on like any other week lol. 

What are your plans for today? For the weekend? It is Mothers Day weekend ya know! :))

by on May. 9, 2014 at 7:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
TigerofMu
by Sonja on May. 9, 2014 at 10:27 AM

Yay Friday!  DH took me to dinner last night, because I actually have a teacher's conference tonight and tomorrow.  And I found out yesterday mornign that I get to go to the Summer Workshop that I've been applying for for the last four years!!!

GodsGirl74
Need to get ready to go, I have Bible study tonight with an old friend. I have been looking forward to this all week =) Have a great night folks!
Today at 2:16 PM
by on May. 9, 2014 at 11:42 AM

No plans as of yet or at least that I know of. Holidays around here are just another day. Was hoping to get out & do some walking but its raining now lol

MamaMichael83
by Neda/admin on May. 9, 2014 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh no, I hope the weather clears up and I hope that you get to do something!

Quoting GodsGirl74:

No plans as of yet or at least that I know of. Holidays around here are just another day. Was hoping to get out & do some walking but its raining now lol

GodsGirl74
Need to get ready to go, I have Bible study tonight with an old friend. I have been looking forward to this all week =) Have a great night folks!
Today at 2:16 PM
by on May. 9, 2014 at 12:42 PM

ya me too, I need to do something to stay awake. had an aweful night & cldnt sleep worth a poo so now I am dragging lol

Quoting MamaMichael83: Oh no, I hope the weather clears up and I hope that you get to do something!
Quoting GodsGirl74:

SpiritFortress
by Steaming on May. 9, 2014 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Finish my coffee, get my cardio and toning in for today, hopefully be able to cross a few things off my to-do list, and get outside if the weather stays nice this afternoon and take a walk or do some yard work.

For the weekend, exercise, write, write, and write....I forget it was Mother's Day weekend so thanks for the reminder because I have to call my mom! 

LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda/Designer on May. 9, 2014 at 2:51 PM

All I have planned is finishing the laundry and working out.

MamaMichael83
by Neda/admin on May. 9, 2014 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I was like that a few nights ago!

Quoting GodsGirl74: ya me too, I need to do something to stay awake. had an aweful night & cldnt sleep worth a poo so now I am dragging lolQuoting MamaMichael83: Oh no, I hope the weather clears up and I hope that you get to do something!

Quoting GodsGirl74:

MamaMichael83
by Neda/admin on May. 9, 2014 at 4:09 PM
I did a load of laundry and got carried away watching movies on Fearnet lol.

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

All I have planned is finishing the laundry and working out.

dingysfamily
by sweet on May. 10, 2014 at 5:48 AM

Friday ... that would be yesterday!  We actually had a busy day.  We left the house about 8:45 & took my car & left it to be inspected at a local place we always use.  Then we headed to town in dh's truck, with a stop at the dump to unload some trash.  Next stop was the bank, and then the eye doctors; dh just cannot use his new glasses.  The vision for distance is not right.  He's been back 3 times, so he now has an appt to actually see the doctor to have the prescription rechecked; they've done all sorts of checking of the lens.  They - well the company that does the glasses - actually had to give me a new pair of frames.  When mine were shipped, they were damaged and the lens was scratched so they had to do a new one of those. Then the frames themselves, we just couldn't get them to 'fit' right at all.  Turns out, an entire box of glasses, had been damaged; the box itself had been damaged in shipping, but they still used all the frames instead of replacing them!  No telling how many other frames had actually been damaged. So when we figured out the problem was the frames the doctor told his office assistant to send them back & tell the company they have to get brand new frams and replace them, at their cost ... like they should have done in the first place; they never should have used any of those frames to be begin with.  He also told the assistant to be extremely watchful when they come back!   Anyway, on with today.  After the eye doctor, we headed over to my audiologist.  I bought new batteries for my hearing aides on 4/22 and the right one has quite working; the batteries are rechargable and should last about a year!!  I thought maybe I had a bad battery. I thought they would just do a quick check of the battery, find it was a bad one, give me a replacement & that would be it ... nope, they wanted to fit me in & check the hearing aid.  So they asked if I could come back at 1:45; dh said "yeah, we have some errands to run, so we'll just kill some extra time & come back".  So, we went to the courthouse & did 2 things we needed to do, dealing with our property & that killed an hour.  Then we decided to go have some lunch.  After some thought we finally decided to go to the hospital for lunch.  Our hospital has a great Bristro and it has become a really popular spot where tons of people go for lunch now.  We had a fantastic stir-fry.  Then we went to walgreens for a couple of things and then back to the audiologist.  They checked & the battery was good; apparently there is a bad element or something in the right hearing aide; a $265 repair.  Hubby says, if we replace the element in one, at this point we might as well replace it in both.  The life span on them is approximately 4, maybe 5 years; mine will be 4 in Sept.  Hubby's insurance is good until the end of the month and will cover a good part (80%) if we get me a whole new pair.  The technology has improved so much!!!  I tried a great pair; after talking with the tech/doc and concluding my real needs, we choose the right pair for me.  The difference from my pair & the new ones I tried ... AMAZING!!!  So, we are discussing this, but I very well may be getting new hearing aides.  Medicare doesn't cover them, so now would be the time; get them by the end of the month - or at least on order so we can file the claim with the insurance - while we're still covered; The audiologist called them to make sure of exactly what was covered.  God was working on this one for sure!  Finally it was time to go home; since the auto shop hadn't called about my car (we'd given them both home & my cell, telling them we'd be running errands & they should try the cell) we just went home.  Got home and they had called the home phone & never called the cell; so we turned around & went back, luckily it was only 2 miles.  I was exhausted ... and now I can't sleep!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)