Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home made Christmas presents

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:31 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 124 Total Views

What ideas do you have?

by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
christianmom972
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm planning on making as much as possible this Christmas.  I'll be posting what I've made or plan too : )

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I give things like afghans, quilts, personalized shirts, and big food baskets full of baked goods or chicken/soup mix in a jar/homemade bread or cheese/sausage/crackers/wine.

It's important to know the person you're giving to and to gear the gift toward that person.  I wouldn't give a bunch of baked goods to someone trying to lose weight, for example, or a bunch of homemade candy to my diabetic mother or knitted hat/scarf/mitts to someone living in a hot climate.  Kids love homemade play mats for their cars, homemade Barbie furniture, or a mini basket of homemade treats.  Men like fudge/sausage/cheese/wine/baked goods, and I've even found cool character flannel and made boxer shorts or lounge pants for them.  I made a wooden fishing pole rack for my FIL one year.  Ladies love afghans or quilts, soup in a jar mixes or any other jar mix that will make their meal times easier, homemade scented bath salts, etc.  A cousin of mine used to make personalized calendars with the family's birthdays, anniversaries, etc. for all of the adult couples...made it a lot easier to remember special occasions in the family.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:16 PM

it doesn't look like I'll be making gifts this year.

AubreyRed
by Hannah on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:41 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting michiganmom116:

Never say never! I have a feeling you'll pull through... It's your nature.

cjsix
by Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 1:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I am hoping to make pajama bottoms and some other things but,first I need to find the box with all the fabric that is marked Christmas gifts...
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Nov. 19, 2013 at 6:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting AubreyRed:

Quoting michiganmom116:

Never say never! I have a feeling you'll pull through... It's your nature.

LOL  so very true

my uncle stopped yesterday to visit me....he almost lost his index finger in a very similar accident with their wood processor a couple of years ago.  "it is what it is,"  he said.  I remember how strong he was through the months of hoping his finger would heal, then his positive acceptance when it became a possibility that he'd lose  it.  It did finally heal, but he said today it's for appearances only...no function. 

He  inspired me.  Time to stop feeling sorry for myself and move on.  Time to start living my faith.  People have been telling me that I'm a strong person, but truth is that God is the one that is showing strong through me.

Last night I tried typing with both hands, my ring finger almost unconsciously making up for the lost little finger.  I also found my wooden stitching frame and loaded my current work-in-progress on there so that my stand will hold it...i'm going to try stitching with one good hand today.

Rhonda

AubreyRed
by Hannah on Nov. 19, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Told you, Rhonda!!!! : ) I'm smiling now...

AubreyRed
by Hannah on Nov. 19, 2013 at 9:14 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN