Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever gone on a mission trip?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:26 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 68 Total Views

...If so, where did you go?

Tell us a little about it!!

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
AubreyRed
by Hannah on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:44 PM

The trip doesn't have to be to South Africa... It can be like a simple trip we took last spring to deliver clothes to East TN to a Ministry that gives things to people in crisis. 

AubreyRed
by Hannah on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:44 PM

BUMP!

SarahJanine
by Sarah on Apr. 7, 2014 at 3:20 PM
When I was 15(?) I went on a mission trip to build "houses"in Mexico. It was an eye opening and also scary experience.

What they considered to be a house (and were so grateful for) was smaller than the shed in my back yard. I grew up using outhouses at times, but it was nothing compared to asking where the bathroom was and being pointed to an open and exposed hole in the ground near the house. The families we helped would save a weeks wages to try and make us one meal as a thanks for helping them. It makes you appreciate the small things in your life.

We also had some pretty bad experiences there. To be completely honest, I wouldn't go back again. It was amazing helping people but I think it was far too dangerous for a bunch of young kids.
AubreyRed
by Hannah on Apr. 7, 2014 at 7:30 PM

Quoting SarahJanine: When I was 15(?) I went on a mission trip to build "houses"in Mexico. It was an eye opening and also scary experience. What they considered to be a house (and were so grateful for) was smaller than the shed in my back yard. I grew up using outhouses at times, but it was nothing compared to asking where the bathroom was and being pointed to an open and exposed hole in the ground near the house. The families we helped would save a weeks wages to try and make us one meal as a thanks for helping them. It makes you appreciate the small things in your life. We also had some pretty bad experiences there. To be completely honest, I wouldn't go back again. It was amazing helping people but I think it was far too dangerous for a bunch of young kids.

Awesome! I had a friend that went to Mexico once on a mission trip also. My husand went to Haiti a couple of years ago and helped put a roof on an orphanage. Lots of poverty there, too. It was after the earthquake.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)