Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are more women becoming interested...

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 8:26 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 138 Total Views
1 mom liked this

...in being stay at home mothers? I kinda think it may be making a come-back. I think it's great too.

I can see that more women are seeing that the liberation that was experienced in the 60's and 70's wasn't too liberating... I mean, it wasn't very beneficial on the kids that were born during that time...I see that women are looking back and realizing that moms trying to compete with a career and keeping up with their home and kids...are just not satisfied... 

We can learn from History.

by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 8:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
AubreyRed
by Hannah on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:21 PM

BUMP

AubreyRed
by Hannah on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:21 PM

BUMP!

Blessed_Mom2010
by Vanessa on Apr. 14, 2014 at 6:29 PM

I agree with that statement ... Sadly some of us moms have to face facts and get a career due to circumstances beyond our control. My husband is 55 years old and I have to face Facts ... I need to have a way to support myself and my son when that fateful day comes. 

My Identity is in Christ and I am Blessed!!!Ephesians 1:3-6

Join Me in Good Morning Girls & Love, Marriage & Family God's Way

AubreyRed
by Hannah on Apr. 14, 2014 at 6:32 PM

Quoting Blessed_Mom2010:

I agree with that statement ... Sadly some of us moms have to face facts and get a career due to circumstances beyond our control. My husband is 55 years old and I have to face Facts ... I need to have a way to support myself and my son when that fateful day comes. 

You are thinking and planning wisely.

Fluttershy003
by Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 1:12 AM

I agree!  I am so thankful to be able to stay home with my children.  However, I do know that God will one day call my DH home and if I am still here with young ones I need to be able to care for them.  DH has said that he wants me to get a degree in something that interests me so that if it does happen I am prepared.   I understand what he is saying but I am just not sure that I should be doing that right now!?!  It is something that I have been praying about.

SarahJanine
by Sarah on Apr. 19, 2014 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this
My first husband really pushed me to go back to school and get a college degree, and I'm glad he did. When I was alone as a single parent I went back again and got my bachelor's degree. I wanted to be able to take care of my son and I. Thankfully now that I am married again, I have been blessed to stay home with the children. I think it is the best option for children and families when it is possible.
bugayfamilyof4
by on Apr. 20, 2014 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband asked me to be home about 6 months after we were married. He did not want me working when he had children. I though about going back to school. Glenn and both decided I would wait tell all three are done with high school first. We have saving and such in case something was to happen to us. God always provides so I am not worried. We have always been frugal. I love being able to totally focus on my childrens homeschooling and activities.

AubreyRed
by Hannah on Apr. 21, 2014 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting bugayfamilyof4:

God always provides so I am not worried. We have always been frugal. I love being able to totally focus on my childrens homeschooling and activities.

That's me completely! I always know that God is going to provide for us. My parents were missionaries growing up and my dad only made $11,000 a year... We never went without a meal, clothing or a place to live... In fact, I've been blessed far more than I ever could imagine. We were able to serve others and see God work in their lives. That's all I need!!

My DH makes far more than my dad made and DH thinks we're in the poor house. LOL... I think it's so funny the way my DH worries about money and bills... I just sigh.

I do plan to start up a Plant Nursery when son is older... I really enjoy planting, and growing plants and trees. I even enjoy propogating plants on my own... so cool.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN