Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A Cabin in the woods...

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 1:22 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 80 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I washed my face and brushed my in a mountain spring yesterday morning!! 

I've been out of pocket for a few days. We went camping and had an AWESOME time. Well, "camping" was in a cabin in the woods with no electricity next to a spring...It was GORGEOUS... and I needed it. Thoughts change when you're not around electricity or people or t.v. or internet. It makes me happy. Very happy. I think I could live that way permanently. (But, a shower stall would be nice...)

DH and DS got up at 4:45am...(Well, we ALL did)... and headed out turkey hunting at day break...They shot one about 7:45 while I was nature hiking on the foot hill.

I've got a turkey breast marinading in the fridge...looking foreword to making mashed potatoes, green beans, rolls, and cornbread dressing to go with it. Yum!

I'll try to post pictures of the trip in a few days. My "bathroom" was an outhouse, my faucet was the "spring"...my "intertainment" was God's Creation...and seeing my son have a great time. It was priceless.

by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
SarahJanine
by Sarah on Apr. 10, 2014 at 2:34 PM
It sounds wonderful. I am glad you had such an enjoyable time. :)
AubreyRed
by Hannah on Apr. 10, 2014 at 2:34 PM

Quoting SarahJanine: It sounds wonderful. I am glad you had such an enjoyable time. :)

Thanks! Wish I could go back soon...

Fluttershy003
by Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 12:54 AM

That sounds AMAZING!!!!  I have been trying to find something like that for my family and I to stay in on our upcomming trip!  So glad that you had a good time!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN