Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So it begins.......

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:46 AM
  • 26 Replies
  • 457 Total Views

I officially cancelled my cable last week. This is the first time in my entire life that I haven't had cable. So far so good. I keep grabbing for the remote to look at the guide but it doesn't come up. Do you have cable? Apparently there are so many more people than I ever imagined that live without it. Go figure.

by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
adp_3805
by Tuna Couch on Apr. 10, 2017 at 11:12 AM

My hubby got it put in last year when he got a landline for the house. It took me a week to notice the phones and 3 weeks to notice we had cable. In the year we had it I only ever turned it on to watch football or the walking dead and the only reason I watched the walking dead on it instead of on couch tuner was to justify having cable. We got rid of the cable again about a month ago. 

Kitty90905
by Wears a tiara on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:20 PM
Huh.
So this means NO TV at all?
What the hell you going to do when TWD starts back up?!?
I don't think I could do it.
Does this mean you'll be on CM more?😍
Hurricane_2.0
by Ticking Time Bomb on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:24 PM
With hubbys insomnia we could never not have cable.....do you have netflix?
latashac
by CuteAsAButton on Apr. 10, 2017 at 2:39 PM

Hell no. I will be watching all my shows. I just found a site that I can do it all for free. All the Netflix shows are on there too.

The CM thing is possible. If I have anything to talk about or all hell breaks loose that would be better.

Quoting Kitty90905: Huh. So this means NO TV at all? What the hell you going to do when TWD starts back up?!? I don't think I could do it. Does this mean you'll be on CM more?😍

latashac
by CuteAsAButton on Apr. 10, 2017 at 2:40 PM

We have Netflix. I was going to cancel that too but Devon pays for it and he wants to keep it. He will see things my way soon. The only thing I have now is the WWE Network.

Quoting Hurricane_2.0: With hubbys insomnia we could never not have cable.....do you have netflix?

latashac
by CuteAsAButton on Apr. 10, 2017 at 2:42 PM

It was difficult. Now I have a bunch of empty slots where the boxes were in all the rooms. It's just not worth it to pay for it anymore. I don't miss anything I want to watch. That was the selling point for me.

Quoting adp_3805:

My hubby got it put in last year when he got a landline for the house. It took me a week to notice the phones and 3 weeks to notice we had cable. In the year we had it I only ever turned it on to watch football or the walking dead and the only reason I watched the walking dead on it instead of on couch tuner was to justify having cable. We got rid of the cable again about a month ago. 

vegaswife2011
by Beloved on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:46 PM
We have cable.
Born2BeWild
by SexehTonyeh on Apr. 11, 2017 at 1:04 PM

Oooohhhh you must share this "site". I must know what it is because I have thought about getting rid of cable as well but I don't want to miss my favorite shows either. 

Quoting latashac:

Hell no. I will be watching all my shows. I just found a site that I can do it all for free. All the Netflix shows are on there too.

The CM thing is possible. If I have anything to talk about or all hell breaks loose that would be better.

Quoting Kitty90905: Huh. So this means NO TV at all? What the hell you going to do when TWD starts back up?!? I don't think I could do it. Does this mean you'll be on CM more?😍

witch45
by Grannay'sGotAGun on Apr. 11, 2017 at 2:55 PM

We have Satellite and no plan to cut if off.

latashac
by CuteAsAButton on Apr. 11, 2017 at 9:54 PM
we had satellite once but it kept breaking up so we had to go back to regular cable.

Quoting witch45:

We have Satellite and no plan to cut if off.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)