Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What will be in your kid's stockings this year?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 11:31 AM
  • 60 Replies

It's the first thing the kids run for Christmas morning, but it's always the last thing moms remember to check off the gift list: the stockings! Mom and blogger Lindsay Ferrier shares her ideas for giving Santa a little help!

by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Stockings are a big deal in our family. Their favorite candy, earrings, anything small enough to fit.  One thing I always give is coupons: for an extra 1/2 hour staying up, I do a chore for them, lunch out with only mom, extra time on the computer, etc. They love getting these.

johnny4ever
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:53 AM

I need to think about it!

goddess99
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:19 AM

A cd, Monster High decals, flashlight, a ring, and some other Moster High things.

Mom2jngnc
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:29 AM

We have oversized home made stockings (that I keep trying to shrink). 

So they get toiltries (shampoo, bubble bath, deodorant, etc depending on the child); tooth brush; tooth paste; Pringles; some candy; misc. small things that might get lost under the tree if wrapped. My niece will get some earrings and jewerly in hers.

jen113000
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Always small things. Haven't thought about it fully yet.
elasmimi
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:48 AM

We had a tradition with her mom that we are continuing with her, a giant Hershey kiss. Also little things like candy, chapstick, fruit, and g/c.

lalasmama2007
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:56 AM

I have most of my DD's stocking stuff bought already.  I picked up a bunch of One Direction stuff (notebooks, pens, pencils, bracelets, patches, stickers, magnets, etc) for $1.00 or less.  I also bought a toothbrush, Chapstick, nail polish, glitter glue, etc.

RADmomma
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Love your coupon idea!!

Quoting SweetLuci:

Stockings are a big deal in our family. Their favorite candy, earrings, anything small enough to fit.  One thing I always give is coupons: for an extra 1/2 hour staying up, I do a chore for them, lunch out with only mom, extra time on the computer, etc. They love getting these.

RADmomma
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Earrings, little toys, toiletries, candy & a few other odds & ends
arpazia
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 11:33 AM
I don't know :O
Candy, I do know that... Hmmm
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)