Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Year's Eve plans?

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 10:06 AM
  • 14 Replies

Do you go to a party, get together with family or friends, or hunker down at home with the kids? 

by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PrincessAsmommy
by Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 10:24 AM

We do a little bit of everything. I'm on the Social Committee at church and we have an annual party on NYE for families with kids and those that don't stay up late. It's usually a games night with lots of goodies and laughs and a faux countdown that's done by 8:30 so those that want to go elsewhere can. From there we come home get the kids to bed and usually watch a movie and a countdown special on tv. If we have any friends that don't have plans we have them over and eat a late supper and our own little celebration.

This year it's the church party and movie with munchies. We'll probably be hurting by 12 so will be in bed soon after LOL 

RigPrincess85
by New Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 10:31 AM
We usually rent DVDs and stay in. We always have boiled cabbage, black eyed peas and munchies. We'd rather be off the roads, too many drunks.
psych_mom
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 11:10 AM

We usually just stay in together with the kids so I am sure that we will do the same this year. Maybe next year we will have a party :)

psych_mom
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 11:12 AM

That's how we are- just don't want to chance our kids' lives.

Quoting RigPrincess85: We usually rent DVDs and stay in. We always have boiled cabbage, black eyed peas and munchies. We'd rather be off the roads, too many drunks.

lillucky8
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 12:03 PM
My kids are small and dont make it to midnight yet so we just stay home and itll probably just be another regular night for us
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Stay home with the kids and have snacks

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Stay home.  We usually do a steak and lobster dinner, so we'll probably do that again this year.

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 8:23 PM

That sounds like a lot of fun.

Quoting PrincessAsmommy:

We do a little bit of everything. I'm on the Social Committee at church and we have an annual party on NYE for families with kids and those that don't stay up late. It's usually a games night with lots of goodies and laughs and a faux countdown that's done by 8:30 so those that want to go elsewhere can. From there we come home get the kids to bed and usually watch a movie and a countdown special on tv. If we have any friends that don't have plans we have them over and eat a late supper and our own little celebration.

This year it's the church party and movie with munchies. We'll probably be hurting by 12 so will be in bed soon after LOL 

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 8:26 PM

I feel the same way about staying off the roads.

Quoting RigPrincess85: We usually rent DVDs and stay in. We always have boiled cabbage, black eyed peas and munchies. We'd rather be off the roads, too many drunks.

othermom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Staying home, going to my inlaws new years day

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)