Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

preparing foods you don't like?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:12 AM
  • 24 Replies
So you fix foods you don't like for your family?

I am a picky eater and didn't want my kids to be the same so I fix mant meals I don't care for.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:03 AM

There aren't many things that I don't like, now. But years ago there was a lot more. Many things my dh liked that I didn't, I made for him, and just took a few bites so the kids would see me eating it, and I grew to like many things that I previously didn't like, and they eat almost everything, too. Butter beans, collard greens, grits were just a few.

mrswillie
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:18 AM
Oh I can't stand butter beans.

Quoting SweetLuci:

There aren't many things that I don't like, now. But years ago there was a lot more. Many things my dh liked that I didn't, I made for him, and just took a few bites so the kids would see me eating it, and I grew to like many things that I previously didn't like, and they eat almost everything, too. Butter beans, collard greens, grits were just a few.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittany208
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:36 AM

I pick some that aren't my favorite. nothing i would refuse to eat though.

i used to be a really picky eater (still am a little, but not as bad). i just started making recipes that had almost all ingredients i knew i liked, but with one new ingredient i didnt know if i liked or not. i learned how to eat a lot of new foods that way.

for example, i have a great baked ziti recipe. i knew i would like pasta with red sauce, didnt know if i would like the zuchini in it. turns out, i do! i started with just the teeniest bit in the recipe, then gradually ate more of it.

HotSouthernMess
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:24 AM

I do. Mainly for my husband though.

arpazia
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:43 AM
Sure :)
Tell me what you want and I'll cook it.
It's rare we all eat the same thing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:43 AM

I couldn't at first, just wasn't used to them, but after trying a few bites every time I made them, I slowly grew to like them.

Quoting mrswillie: Oh I can't stand butter beans.

Quoting SweetLuci:

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I did that with spinach, added it to soup, and now I like it. I do that with soups and casseroles and omelets, add something the kids didn't like, and sometimes they didn't notice it was there, and just ate it. Sometimes pulled something out.

Quoting brittany208:

i used to be a really picky eater (still am a little, but not as bad). i just started making recipes that had almost all ingredients i knew i liked, but with one new ingredient i didnt know if i liked or not. i learned how to eat a lot of new foods that way.

for example, i have a great baked ziti recipe. i knew i would like pasta with red sauce, didnt know if i would like the zuchini in it. turns out, i do! i started with just the teeniest bit in the recipe, then gradually ate more of it.

mrswillie
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:49 AM
Baked ziti is great with spinach in it also.

Quoting brittany208:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LindaClement
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:28 PM

I never did. Dh likes a few things I think are revolting, and we eat out enough that he can order them when someone else is making them.

We have a tremendously broad food selection around here... so I never worried about my kids' transient food preferences to matter much.

brittany208
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:29 PM

mmm good idea

Quoting mrswillie: Baked ziti is great with spinach in it also.

Quoting brittany208:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)