Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Having a baby changes you...

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:49 AM
  • 36 Replies

What were the biggest changes that having a baby made in your life?

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brittany208
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:57 AM

just that theres a lot of things i cant do now with two kids in tow. not that its a bad thing, but i cant go to work, go out late at night, get anything done around here (lol!) ive still found ways to work a little and get out some, im just limited in what i can do.

RobynS
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:49 PM

I am far more conscious of how people talk around me/the kids. I'm no prude, but I don't think it's necessary to drop an f-bomb every 5 seconds and I don't want the kids hearing it!

Also, I used to enjoy watching darker shows (like Law&Order SVU) but now those are just too dark and scary and stressful for me.

Leelee1008
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:53 PM

Everything. I had my first at 17. I didnt go out with friends, I wasnt care free anymore. I had someone to look after and someone who depended on me.. I worked and I did what I had to do, DH too. With each age and stage things change a little more. When they are little you have to put a little more into the process of getting out of the house. when they get older its more just go.  for the most part I like to say it changes for the best.

copperswifey
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:53 PM

giving up our freedom for a little while at least,  but I wouldn't change it for anything.

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:03 PM

Sleep :)

kadake
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:53 PM

My DH and I were married for almost 5 years before we had kids, so it was an adjustment not having as much time for each other. 

LindaClement
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:05 PM

I discovered that I'm patient.

sara_7106
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:51 PM
Sleep and a little freedom
elasmimi
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:55 PM

My whole life changed. I had my first at 17 also, and all the partying stopped, I had to learn to be more responsible, and put her needs first in my life. Wouldn't change a thing!

sanj1213
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:59 PM

I'm not working. I'm a sahm : )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)