Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is your next big purchase?

Posted by   + Show Post

What is your next big purchase? Are you saving for it? Taking a loan? Putting in on a CC?

by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:22 PM
Replies (21-30):
Sisteract
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 11:51 AM

We are going to So America to visit our daughter and SIL- they are thinking of buying a home and we will help them- My daughter chose money over a wedding party.

SpiritFortress
by Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 10:19 PM

A car. My car is 21 years old and I love it but it's on its way out. :(

I'm not kidding when I say I'll probably cry when I trade it in. I have the cash but have been procrastinating on car shopping because it's not fun for me. I've been looking at cars now and then though. I looked at a Mercedes Benz, Dodge Charger, and Dodge Avenger but I have to research cars better before buying because I want it to be as reliable and awesome as my last one. 

SlightlyPerfect
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:00 PM
Vacation and AC unit. Saving. Paying for both in spring.
SlightlyPerfect
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:02 PM
What do you have that lasted that long???? That's awesome! What a great investment on your part!

Quoting SpiritFortress:

I'm not kidding when I say I'll probably cry when I trade it in. I have the cash but have been procrastinating on car shopping because it's not fun for me. I've been looking at cars now and then though. I looked at a Mercedes Benz, Dodge Charger, and Dodge Avenger but I have to research cars better before buying because I want it to be as reliable and awesome as my last one. 

offrdngal
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:10 PM
We're going to finance a new motorcycle, for hubby, when we have a good down payment saved up.

SpiritFortress
by Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 11:06 AM

I have a 1993 Toyota Corolla. I don't know a lot about cars but I think it has a cracked exhaust manifold and if it weren't for that, the engine would have lots of miles left on it. But Wisconsin winter has also rusted the underside pretty badly so I guess it's time for her to retire. I can't justify putting money into fixing it at this point. It was a great investment for sure! 

Quoting SlightlyPerfect: What do you have that lasted that long???? That's awesome! What a great investment on your part!

Quoting SpiritFortress:

HisUsmcWifey
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 10:26 PM
I'm saving for an upgraded DSLR. The camera and lens set I want are going to run me about $2500 and I'm halfway there!
Sisteract
by Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 12:52 PM

Quoting HisUsmcWifey: I'm saving for an upgraded DSLR. The camera and lens set I want are going to run me about $2500 and I'm halfway there!

Way to Go!

HisUsmcWifey
by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 11:24 PM

thank you! I've been scrimping and saving every penny I can from each session I do. I love my DSLR now but it's more an entry level camera and I want something more advanced, a full frame camera.

Quoting Sisteract:

Quoting HisUsmcWifey: I'm saving for an upgraded DSLR. The camera and lens set I want are going to run me about $2500 and I'm halfway there!

Way to Go!

PennOhioBabe
by Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 1:38 PM
Saving for an iPad
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN