Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is your next big purchase?

Posted by   + Show Post

What is your next big purchase? Are you saving for it? Taking a loan? Putting in on a CC?

by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:22 PM
Replies (21-30):
Sisteract
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 11:51 AM

We are going to So America to visit our daughter and SIL- they are thinking of buying a home and we will help them- My daughter chose money over a wedding party.

SpiritFortress
by Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 10:19 PM

A car. My car is 21 years old and I love it but it's on its way out. :(

I'm not kidding when I say I'll probably cry when I trade it in. I have the cash but have been procrastinating on car shopping because it's not fun for me. I've been looking at cars now and then though. I looked at a Mercedes Benz, Dodge Charger, and Dodge Avenger but I have to research cars better before buying because I want it to be as reliable and awesome as my last one. 

SlightlyPerfect
It is one of the highest forms of arrogance for people to assume they can bestow forgiveness on someone else for their own self-inflicted maiming.
Yesterday at 2:59 PM
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:00 PM
Vacation and AC unit. Saving. Paying for both in spring.
SlightlyPerfect
It is one of the highest forms of arrogance for people to assume they can bestow forgiveness on someone else for their own self-inflicted maiming.
Yesterday at 2:59 PM
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:02 PM
What do you have that lasted that long???? That's awesome! What a great investment on your part!

Quoting SpiritFortress:

I'm not kidding when I say I'll probably cry when I trade it in. I have the cash but have been procrastinating on car shopping because it's not fun for me. I've been looking at cars now and then though. I looked at a Mercedes Benz, Dodge Charger, and Dodge Avenger but I have to research cars better before buying because I want it to be as reliable and awesome as my last one. 

offrdngal
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:10 PM
We're going to finance a new motorcycle, for hubby, when we have a good down payment saved up.

SpiritFortress
by Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 11:06 AM

I have a 1993 Toyota Corolla. I don't know a lot about cars but I think it has a cracked exhaust manifold and if it weren't for that, the engine would have lots of miles left on it. But Wisconsin winter has also rusted the underside pretty badly so I guess it's time for her to retire. I can't justify putting money into fixing it at this point. It was a great investment for sure! 

Quoting SlightlyPerfect: What do you have that lasted that long???? That's awesome! What a great investment on your part!

Quoting SpiritFortress:

HisUsmcWifey
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 10:26 PM
I'm saving for an upgraded DSLR. The camera and lens set I want are going to run me about $2500 and I'm halfway there!
Sisteract
by Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 12:52 PM

Quoting HisUsmcWifey: I'm saving for an upgraded DSLR. The camera and lens set I want are going to run me about $2500 and I'm halfway there!

Way to Go!

HisUsmcWifey
by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 11:24 PM

thank you! I've been scrimping and saving every penny I can from each session I do. I love my DSLR now but it's more an entry level camera and I want something more advanced, a full frame camera.

Quoting Sisteract:

Quoting HisUsmcWifey: I'm saving for an upgraded DSLR. The camera and lens set I want are going to run me about $2500 and I'm halfway there!

Way to Go!

PennOhioBabe
by Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 1:38 PM
Saving for an iPad
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)