Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

are you and your DH the same religion? how different are your views? does it cause fights?

by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 12:04 AM
Replies (21-27):
LindaClement
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 4:05 PM

He's interested in comic books and science fiction and fantasy ... not sure he has any opinion on epistemology.

He still resists the idea that a lot of what is published in comic books is because 'it sells' rather than 'it matters' or even 'it's how the author wanted it.' Meta-analysis is not his forte. He does troubleshooting and working with his hands, gaming and passive entertainment absorbtion, not 'engaged on a deepening level' regardless of what he's reading or watching... He also resists the idea that reporters and editors are people with opinions as likely to be half-baked as anyone else in the neighbourhood ... and as likely to get the facts wrong, even if they are in print...

I'm interested in psychology and philosophy, critical thinking and analysis, and I know he's at all aware of any of that because I talk about it. He will never, ever start any kind of conversation on that footing... but then, again, I know more about Spiderman than I ever would have guessed there is to know.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

I have to ask. How does he handle questions of morality and, oh, like, epistemology in general? Surely you understand him philosophically... You'd have to in order to have 28 happy years!

Quoting LindaClement:

Oh, I've asked him. Quite recently, in fact... 

It's not my job to make him talk about things he doesn't feel like talking about.

We've been happily married these 28 years now, I'm sure if it mattered it would have come up by now.

Quoting brittany208:

you should ask him. just seems like one of those things spouses would know

Quoting LindaClement:

He knows I'm atheist (always have been) and I have absolutely no idea at all what, if anything, he really believes.

emtgirl885
by on Feb. 22, 2014 at 5:10 AM
We are the same
PennOhioBabe
by Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 1:29 PM
We are the same so no fighting :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sonnyswoman75
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 10:09 AM
We both really aren't sure what our views are so we are trying different churches together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Whereismymind
by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 5:24 PM
We are the same , we do disagree on a couple things however
SpiritFortress
by Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 5:31 PM

We are both agnostic atheists.

suziejax
by Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 7:16 PM

Yes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN