Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else going to be considered a high risk pregnancy?

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:56 AM
  • 26 Replies

Given that I am plus size, that both my daughters were born pre-term at 36 weeks and change (Premature rupture of the amniotic membrane and pregnancy induced hypertension) and that I have had 2 miscarriages with one a result of Trisomy 18, I am pretty sure they are going to consider me high risk and watch me very closely. 

Anyone else going to be considered high risk as well?

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OliviaLouise29
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:21 AM
Yes I am I am diabetic and have hypertension and a history of preeclampsia. I am def high risk. Last birth I desperately wanted to birth in a tub but my pre e put a stop to that
EvansMommy31605
by Terri on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:11 AM
I've had trouble with my 2nd pregnancy, multiple MC, and unstable BP. He said I'm High risk but only treats me as a regular pregnancy. I'm ok with that though. My 3rd pregnancy he did way to much and it made me angry.... I had an ultrasound twice a week for just about my whole pregnancy.
Dani1009
by Group Admin on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:38 AM
I am. I have hypertension and PCOS & this is an IVF pregnancy, so I'm sure I will struggle with finding a good doctor or midwife to let me have a natural pregnancy & birth.
SouthernSweetT
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:52 AM
I am high risk due to preterm labor issues (dd was born at 30 weeks and we fought preterm labor since 31 weeks with ds). Hopefully two things happen this go round 1) baby is sticky (been having some bleeding/cramps and 2) we make it to term
JacknJill
by Jackie on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Oh yea. Being preggo with twins you automatically have I be watch twice as much and considered high risk. I've already quit my job because my blood pressure is going up and my last pregnancy I had low amniotic fluid so I will probley have weekly NSTs for that.
Jaybay223
by Jess on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:28 AM
I am! I had open heart surgery as a two year old and also have pretty bad asthma, too. I'm being seen by a perinatologist and I love the specialized attention :)
smm8078
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm considered high risk due to being plus size and sat. we found out we're having twins.
kajira
by Emma on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:04 AM

I'm high risk. Preterm Labor with my last baby. Early dilation, she stayed breech until I went into labor.

This time, I'm having twins (as far as we know still) with fibroid tissue in there and have been spotting my entire pregnancy.

I also have an irritable cervix/uterus that likes to contract 24/7 - even if it doesn't always dilate me, but because it sometimes DOES change my cervix... they watch me pretty closely.

littlesheep7
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:06 AM
So long as I manage to stay pregnant past 10-12 weeks, no.
ae86mommy
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:06 AM
I think I'm high risk. I had gestational diabetes with my son, and he was born at 32 weeks and some days. They want me to get injections and be closely monitored.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)