Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone started to make lifestyle and dietary adjustments?

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:01 AM
  • 16 Replies

My plan is to reduce my caffeine intake (I work nights so cutting it out all the way would be extremely difficult), reduce my carbohydrate intake to fruit and veggies primarily, increase low impact exercise and add in some yoga/pilates.

Anybody else making any adjustments?

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FitnessMama4
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:04 AM
Right now mine is "eat what sounds good". Because before I was gluten free, vegetarian, I was pretty healthy eating wise and activity wise, and I worked out at least 5 days a week and now I am so exhausted I can barely take my kids to the children's science museum. I had to lay down as soon as we got home! And eating? I'll take what sounds good when it sounds good, but I haven't been finishing anything cause it all starts making me queasy about half way through.
I cut out caffeine. I used to drink coffee but it's making me sick most of the time.
I hope I can start eating more veggies again soon but right now...The closest I'm getting is tomatoes. Hahaha! I'm also going to start doing morning yoga and easing myself back into strength training and cardio!
OliviaLouise29
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:16 AM
I am diabetic an leading up to my pregnancy it was completely uncontrolled. So I have started 2 kinds of insulin and started a carb count. Me taking my meds and vitamins I a big step for me
Dani1009
by Group Admin on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:42 AM
I already made changes almost a year ago. No sugary foods, in order to help battle pcos, and I've reduced wheat & dairy products. The biggest thing I've done recently is majorly increase my water intake. I'm still on a light activity restriction, hoping that I will get the green light to do yoga again after my appointment this Thursday.
MommyMattson
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:30 AM

I cut my caffeine down to one soda a day(it's my reward with dinner time) eating more fruits and trying veggies. For some reason I have been big on orange juice lately. And once it gets a little warmer we will start our walks again.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
ele2837
by Erika on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:48 AM
I have cut out caffeine and now that the holidays are over I'm trying to bring in more fresh foods. I'm trying to only snack on fruits and veggies in between meals.
kslawmama
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Well I was planning on continue to exercise but dr has me on mild bedrest right now. :/ So once thats lifted Ill start back at it.
TS9509
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:41 AM
I've cut back caffeine, trying to avoid foods that are high in sugar and started walking/light exercise a few times a week instead of a few times a month.
kajira
by Emma on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:08 AM

I'm gluten-free, egg free, and mostly dairy free....(besides cheese and sour cream.) I already ate pretty healthy and take a lot of vitamins to compensate.

Right now, I'm more worried about just eating *enough* So, if I can get it down, I'm eating it. (With the exception of my allergies as listed above.)

elizabeth.mary
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Quit smoking and drinking alcohol and caffeine. As for eating I've always eaten pretty healthy but my cravings have changed from wanting junk to wanting vegetables and fruit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlesheep7
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:46 AM
I was healthy and had a good diet before pregnancy but I obviously cut out booze and limit caffiene, now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)