• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you happy with your doctor/midwife?

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:22 AM
  • 12 Replies

How many of you have already had problems with doctors, nurses, midwives? Scheduling apts? getting answers to questions? being seen in a timely fashion?

I know finding a good doctor/midwife can sometimes be a challenge, and when we do, we usually love them!

But what's your experience been so far? Did you get lucky on the first call to an OB/midwife, or did you have to do some searching, or are you in the process of finding a new one?

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kslawmama
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Im not happy so far. Im actually calling another place today. Its a bit of a drive but there isnr much to choose from in our area. Plus Ill only see the dr here till May then Ill see the one at our new base in England and Ive heard they are fantastic.
PaulsWifey09
by Melissa on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:00 PM
I'm using the same doctor I did with dd and she was recommended to me by my sister and I love her! She's the best and I really feel like she knows me and takes the time to answer all my questions and make me feel better about any concerns
ck8204
by Candie on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:04 PM
I loved the doctor I had when I was pregnant with my daughter. But he transfered last summer. I haven't even met my new doc yet. I guess I'll find out if I like him or not next week at my first appointment. Scheduling is ALWAYS an issue at the military hospital I go to though. That will never change.
.sp4rkl3z.
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Oh no, I do not like my OB. I'm going to be asking to be scheduled with a different doctor. I can't shake how shitty she was during the birth of DS3, she never made it in the whole 10 hours I was there, and then she assumed when he snuffed her at my appt in October, that he was circumcised. She said oh most boys I circumcise seem to remember and dislike me. I'm like ...um he is definitely not circumcised... It just disgusts me not only that she does them but she also billed me for one and it was a fight to get it taken off my account. So yeah. No. I do not like her. I just added the only woman in the area who does homebirths and I am going to try and meet with her and see if I can afford to birth at home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
srm8824
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:53 PM

I am using the same mw I did with ds and I loved her. It seems they have gotten so popular that they don't provide the same personal care that they did six years ago. 

I have had a lot going on with me and have been having to see an OB because my midwife either doesn't know about it or they just are waiting to see if I "make it" to the appointment which really bugs me. Maybe I will feel better when I go next week. We'll see. 

I'm going to stay with the midwives anyway unless the birth center takes insurance. We'll see.

mwesley
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:23 PM

I was really pleased with my OB last time, so am sticking with him this time around. Hopefully this experience is the same! 

DS1 - 03/31/2006 ** DS2 - 12/31/2008 ** DS3 - 06/26/2012

baby development

littlesheep7
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Good so far.

I didn't like having an intake appointment AND a first appointment but it wasn't that inconvenient. The nurse was friendly. It is Group Health so it's one giant building with every department you could imagine and lots of taking numbers and riding elevators but surprisingly they're very fast. They rotate doctors and midwives so I won't see just one person. I'm okay with that.
EvansMommy31605
by Terri on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:42 PM
I've had the same doctor for 8 years. I've heard he's a jerk from other people but he's good to me. His wife is his main nurse so it's always enjoyable when I go there... she's is so down to earth. I don't have any problems getting in ANYTIME I think I need to be seen. My wait is usually 5- 10 mins.
He's also on call always... And he'll call me right back if I have questions.

I'm happy with mine.
ele2837
by Erika on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:46 PM
I'm using the same doctor that delivered my daughter. To be honest I think I could find a better doctor. Its not that I had a bad experience before, but I never felt the comfort that I have had with other doctors. I'm not changing because my husband is very comfortable with him and I'm afraid if I change I may end up finding a doctor I can't stand and I don't feel up to the process of searching.
MommyMattson
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:51 PM

I wasn't happy with my ob because he made me feel uncomfortable, so I switched doctors and now I love my new ob!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)