Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just had my u/s....update

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:33 AM
  • 14 Replies
I just had my u/s and I'm waiting to see the doctor now. The u/s tech said I'm right about 6 weeks and she saw the yok sac but couldn't see a baby. She said that it's probably just to early and I shouldn't worry and they will probably have me come back next week but the doctor would talk to me about it more. My SO couldn't be here with me so I haven't told him yet bc I'm doing good to hold the tears back now. Has this happened to anyone else before?

*update*
I saw my ob about an hour ago, she said that because I'm so early in my pregnancy is why we only saw what we saw and not to worry. I go back on the 13th for another u/s and we go from there. She reassured me several times that this is normal.
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kajira
by Emma on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:43 AM

at around 6 weeks, this is very common. I wouldn't panic just yet. Talk to your doctor.

mwesley
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:54 PM

I have a friend who they were unable to see a baby until after 7w and no HB until the 9-10w appt. ((Hugs)) hang in there and talk with your OB 

DS1 - 03/31/2006 ** DS2 - 12/31/2008 ** DS3 - 06/26/2012

baby development

.sp4rkl3z.
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Quoting kajira:

at around 6 weeks, this is very common. I wouldn't panic just yet. Talk to your doctor.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
srm8824
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Quoting mwesley:

I have a friend who they were unable to see a baby until after 7w and no HB until the 9-10w appt. ((Hugs)) hang in there and talk with your OB 

This.

My best friend was bleeding and they said she was miscarrying (couldn't see anything). She went back in at 13 weeks and what do ya know? There is a heartbeat and a fetus! 

It's common to not see it that early! 

mamaden3
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:29 PM

This has happened to me and they had to do an internal U/S in order to see baby because I was not far enough a long yet.

TS9509
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:28 PM
They started out with doing it on my stomach then changed to internal.

Quoting mamaden3:

This has happened to me and they had to do an internal U/S in order to see baby because I was not far enough a long yet.

luvnhd14
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:37 PM

i went in at 6 wk and they just saw the yok sac and the fetal pole then went back a wk later and saw the heart beat

mommie2twogirls
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:53 PM

any u/s i had that early they havent been able to see a baby yet :) I know other they have, but that has always been the norm for me  

OliviaLouise29
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:00 PM

glad it i snormal and nothing is wrong. doesnt do much to calm your mind though :/

Vannah_Kaye
by Savannah on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:05 PM
I has the same thing happen to me. Came back two weeks later and there was our baby! I was soo nervous the two weeks wait and it was all for nothing so relax :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)