• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone have a vbac or plan to?

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:38 AM
  • 19 Replies
I've had 2 natural births and the last 2 were c-sections but I don't want another if I can help it. I know it is still very early but it worries me.

Any ladies here have a vbac?
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ae86mommy
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:41 AM
I am planning to have one with this baby. I've had one natural birth and one csection.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ae86mommy
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:42 AM
My next appt is actually a vbac consult, which was the drs idea to do it this early. So I don't think it's too early to think about it :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JacknJill
by Jackie on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:44 AM
I think a vbac scares me more. I have to do more research though. Because I would LOVE to push two little babies out but I heard your uterus can explode during a vbac. I do t know of its true but I have to talk to my ob about it. But I think of both babies were in good position, I would definitely try.
redneckmama4
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Thank you :)

I do know I will have to find someone willing togo that route with me. My last pregnancy no doc or hospital would even talk about it with me. My bff is a doula and she mentioned I may not have to and knows a lot of midwives around here. Hopefully!

Quoting ae86mommy: My next appt is actually a vbac consult, which was the drs idea to do it this early. So I don't think it's too early to think about it :)
redneckmama4
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Hope your consult goes well!

Quoting ae86mommy: I am planning to have one with this baby. I've had one natural birth and one csection.
redneckmama4
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:50 AM
It does me too. My natural births were not bad but sometimes if I cough wrong, it feels like I just blew a hernia. I would hate to rupture anything.

Both carry risks I guess.

Quoting JacknJill: I think a vbac scares me more. I have to do more research though. Because I would LOVE to push two little babies out but I heard your uterus can explode during a vbac. I do t know of its true but I have to talk to my ob about it. But I think of both babies were in good position, I would definitely try.
mwesley
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:36 PM

I had a VBA2C with my prior pregnancy, will again this time! 

DS1 - 03/31/2006 ** DS2 - 12/31/2008 ** DS3 - 06/26/2012

baby development

redneckmama4
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Great! Any stories you want to tell?

Quoting mwesley:

I had a VBA2C with my prior pregnancy, will again this time! 

mwesley
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Just to do your research! I found this site incredibly helpful: http://vbacfacts.com/13-myths-about-vbac/ 

I was told with #1 at my 36wk ultrasound that my pelvic opening was 'extremely small' and she didn't think I'd be able to birth a baby. She recommended to schedule a c-section on the spot then! We were first time parents, but requested to have a TOL, so she agreed and had us schedule an induction at about 38w (we weren't aware that inductions increase your c-section chance by a lot! I think it doubles it). Anyway, went through the induction and labored and progressed fine, pushed for 20min (no joke) and she said 'I don't think he's coming out' so we did a c-section. In hindsight, we should have argued more to try different positions for pushing, and longer...20min for a first time mom is insanely stupid to call it quits! He was 8lb 2oz

With our 2nd we switched OBs and tried for a VBAC, went into labor on my own at about 38w 6d, labored fine, got the epi, and started to push but the nurse refused to get me into a supported squat position (something I specifically discussed with my OB, who was on vaca) so I was again on my back trying to push a baby down then up (being on your back closes your pelvis up to 30%) the on call OB allowed me to push for 2hr then said 'maybe your first OB was right' and called for a c-section. He was 8lb 12oz

Ah, then baby #3 :) hehe, his birth was great. We got yet another new OB, due to my 2nd OB retiring from births! The new OB was very supportive of doing a VBA2C and the pregnancy progressed fine. I hired a midwife to be my doula (the reassurance of having her with me at home while we labored for a few hours was unbelievably great) went into labor on my own at 40w1d. Labored at home for awhile, got to the hospital and had a wonderful nurse who helped me into multiple positions to push, ended up pushing him out on my back, while he was sunny side up! He was 6lb 11oz. Much smaller than his brothers ;) but stubbornly refused to turn! Man...birthing a baby sunny side up is hard haha!

Sorry that was long >.< 

DS1 - 03/31/2006 ** DS2 - 12/31/2008 ** DS3 - 06/26/2012

baby development

MamaBurmie
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:45 PM
I plan to do a HBAC my first was a c-section and I'm so terrified to even go back to the hospital. I'm currently looking for a midwife.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)