Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

freaking out a little

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:50 AM
  • 6 Replies
I am in a few groups on facebook for babies that are due in summer 2014 or in july/august/september 2014.... so many people on there have recently lost their babies after hearing their heartbeat. I'm only 5w4d and due 8/28 with baby #3. My first appointment is January 7th but they arent doing an ultrasound then (unless I can talk them into it. Im high risk so maybe they will). Im so paranoid that my baby wont have a heartbeat after reading all these posts.
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
kajira
by Emma on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:51 AM
2 moms liked this

I understand your fears. I still feel that way and I'm just over 8 weeks myself.

Sadly, there's nothing we can do but pray and hope. Pregnancy is one of those things that we have no control over, and all we can do is hope for the best.

littlesheep7
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:37 PM
I think most everyone feels the same way until 12-13 weeks. It kind of is what it is. :/

I just made a post this morning about the same worry.
precious2me
by Nikki on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:58 PM
I feel the same way right now. My friend who was 3 weeks ahead of me went in for her second us this morning and it had no heartbeat. I'm so nervous right now. I don't want that to happen to me.
ck8204
by Candie on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:10 PM
I'm right there with you. I've never been one to worry durring the first trimester before, but the last 2 nights I've had scary and very vivid dreams. I dreamt that I went in for my ultrasound. The doc asked me how I was feeling and I told him I was feeling remarkably full of energy and peppy. But when he found the baby on the ultrasound the baby was measuring at 6 weeks instead of the 10 weeks it should have been and there wasn't a heart beat. I'm incredibly anxious about my ultrasound appointment now.
TinyRebel83
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:24 PM
I had a scary dream last night that I was bleeding like crazy and woke up in my dream covered in blood. I never felt so relieved to have woken up this morning realizing it was all a nightmare.
srm8824
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel the same way. It is out of our control at this point and we just have to hope for the best. I worry about it every day. If I feel a twinge or anything down there the thought crosses my mind. I am really trying to stay as positive as a I can because right now, I am pregnant and so are you. That should be the focus instead of the "what ifs".

Good luck. Hope that helps. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)