• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yoga

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:45 PM
  • 13 Replies

Does anyone do it while pregnant? I love love love yoga...I took it up a few weeks ago...Do I need to give it up now that I am pregnant?

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Vannah_Kaye
by Savannah on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:00 PM
My doctor said it's fine just avoid some positions
sarahtbkh
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Yeah, I totally put this before I talked to you. Which poses to avoid though? I'm pretty padded so I don't think I'm going to squish this bean no matter what.

Quoting Vannah_Kaye: My doctor said it's fine just avoid some positions

nrsmama4
by Jamie on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Go for it, especially if that's what your body is accustomed to. LISTEN to your body, at least this isn't your first, so you'll know if something feels wonky.

lots of studios offer prenatal yoga as well :)

sarahtbkh
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:28 PM

I got to Gold's gym right now and they are pretty limited with the clasess but I am going to check into a different yoga studio here and see if they offer it!! Thanks!

Quoting nrsmama4:

Go for it, especially if that's what your body is accustomed to. LISTEN to your body, at least this isn't your first, so you'll know if something feels wonky.

nrsmama4
by Jamie on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this

If you're in MA or NH, I know a ton of places ;)

Quoting sarahtbkh:

I got to Gold's gym right now and they are pretty limited with the clasess but I am going to check into a different yoga studio here and see if they offer it!! Thanks!

Quoting nrsmama4:

sarahtbkh
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Clear in Utah lol! But I talked with a yoga instructor from the new "Hot Yoga" studio here...she said they offered kids classes so I would assume they would offer prego classes (I mean it's Utah LOL!)

Quoting nrsmama4:

Quoting sarahtbkh:

Quoting nrsmama4:

nrsmama4
by Jamie on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Hot yoga is about the only yoga I'd avoid...

Super jealous, you can do yoga while looking at mountains, ommmm, and namaste.

Quoting sarahtbkh:

Clear in Utah lol! But I talked with a yoga instructor from the new "Hot Yoga" studio here...she said they offered kids classes so I would assume they would offer prego classes (I mean it's Utah LOL!)

Quoting nrsmama4:

Quoting sarahtbkh:

Quoting nrsmama4:

sarahtbkh
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this

That was going to be my first question "Do you have a room that is NOT 110 degrees so we don't hard boil our babies" lol!

Dani1009
by Group Admin on Dec. 31, 2013 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this
I LOVE yoga too! Sadly, I'm on a light activity restriction & yoga is off limits. But we have an appointment on thursday & I'm hoping I can finally get back to normal activities. If everything is ok with baby, I'm buying 2 prenatal yoga DVDs to do at home. They're already picked out on Amazon!
Janis_1975
by Janis on Dec. 31, 2013 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this

a friend of mine just gave me 2 prenatal yoga dvds. That i plan on doing during the day; when the kids go back to school from Christmas vacation. 

Yoga is great and helps with the bloat and swelling.   I tend to swell badly even when not pregnant, so I love yoga :)

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)