Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Blood types

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:01 PM
  • 37 Replies
So I am RH-0 and my husband is A+ so apparently I will most likely need to get a shot so my body doesn't try to fight off the baby. Has anyone else had this?
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jhcz
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:05 PM
No sorry im o+ dh is o- so I dont need shots but my mom did since she was o - and my dad is o+
Vannah_Kaye
by Savannah on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:07 PM
My concern is with my other two pregnancies it was never even brought up. I have no idea what their fathers blood type is or even theirs for that matter. I am just shocked I went through both those pregnancies without it even being mentioned.
jhcz
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:20 PM
Quoting Vannah_Kaye: My concern is with my other two pregnancies it was never even brought up. I have no idea what their fathers blood type is or even theirs for that matter. I am just shocked I went through both those pregnancies without it even being mentioned.

Do you know what your children blood types are? With that info you could figure out their father blood type. For example my blood type is o+ dh is o - which means my children have o type blood most likely with the positive antibodies.
.sp4rkl3z.
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:23 PM
I'm surprised they didn't check you before! I'm + so no need for Rogham
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ele2837
by Erika on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:30 PM
My grandmother and Aunt had that problem. My grandmother lost a baby because they didn't know. My Aunt found out and received the shots and had 3 healthy babies
JacknJill
by Jackie on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:33 PM
I had it in the beginning. They gave it to me just in case. I didn't know my blood type I ended up being O+. They gave it to me because they said the antibodies could try to attack the babies blood
Vannah_Kaye
by Savannah on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:47 PM
I don't know theirs, I'm on a mission to find out though! My mother is O- and my father is + but me and my brother are - when I thought you most likely got what your father is.

Quoting jhcz:
Quoting Vannah_Kaye: My concern is with my other two pregnancies it was never even brought up. I have no idea what their fathers blood type is or even theirs for that matter. I am just shocked I went through both those pregnancies without it even being mentioned.

Do you know what your children blood types are? With that info you could figure out their father blood type. For example my blood type is o+ dh is o - which means my children have o type blood most likely with the positive antibodies.

Vannah_Kaye
by Savannah on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:50 PM
I am surprised too & the doctor hasn't brought it up! My husbands parents brought up how e was + and I said I am pretty sure I am - and so I called my mother and sure enough I am! I have an appointment next week and am going to bring it up.

Quoting .sp4rkl3z.: I'm surprised they didn't check you before! I'm + so no need for Rogham
jhcz
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:52 PM
Quoting Vannah_Kaye: I don't know theirs, I'm on a mission to find out though! My mother is O- and my father is + but me and my brother are - when I thought you most likely got what your father is.

Quoting jhcz:

not necessarily. My bother is o- like my mom.
mostlymaydays
by Stacy on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I studied blood types. Your father must have carried a recessive negative gene. You got a negative from your mother and the other negative from your father. To be a negative blood type you need two negative genes. If you had gotten the other positive from your father you'd have a dominant positive and a recessive negative, but it's expressed as positive.

Quoting Vannah_Kaye: I don't know theirs, I'm on a mission to find out though! My mother is O- and my father is + but me and my brother are - when I thought you most likely got what your father is.

Quoting jhcz:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)