Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Had my 1st Dr Appt Yesterday

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:06 AM
  • 4 Replies

Yesterday I had my first baby dr appointment with my midwife. I was presently surprised and happy with how everything went. I didn't get to hear the baby's heart beat, the midwife said he/she is still too small to pick it up. I won't have a ultrasound till 20 weeks since everything seems to be going good.

I talked to her about the PCS (move to England) and she doesn't want me flying past 28 weeks so that puts us at not be able to fly past June 10th. We now just have to submit the letter she gave me to the military and wait to hear back from them on our new orders. But hopefully we will just fly out a few days prior to the 10th. My next appointment is Feb 12th.

I'm Mandy, mommy to Sebastian, Logan & Courtney and Wife to William!

Follow my BLOG as I blog about being a mother of 3, pregnant with #4, being  a military wife and my overall crazy life!

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ele2837
by Erika on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm glad everything went well :). My doctor had said we could just wait until 20 weeks for our first ultrasound too but that it if I wanted an earlier one he would order one for dating. I was so excited to see him/her I took the offer :)
kslawmama
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:24 AM

I just want to hear the heart beat. The U/S I can wait on. She did say there's a place in the town over that can a scan at 16 weeks but it'll cost about $50 out of pocket. We will probably just wait till my 20 week one. Once I get through this morning sickness I'll be busy with getting the house ready for the movers. We have a lot of stuff to sell and put into storage to get ready for this move. 

Quoting ele2837: I'm glad everything went well :). My doctor had said we could just wait until 20 weeks for our first ultrasound too but that it if I wanted an earlier one he would order one for dating. I was so excited to see him/her I took the offer :)

ele2837
by Erika on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't blame you. By 16 weeks you may as well just wait 4 more weeks for the 20 week.

Quoting kslawmama:

I just want to hear the heart beat. The U/S I can wait on. She did say there's a place in the town over that can a scan at 16 weeks but it'll cost about $50 out of pocket. We will probably just wait till my 20 week one. Once I get through this morning sickness I'll be busy with getting the house ready for the movers. We have a lot of stuff to sell and put into storage to get ready for this move. 

Quoting ele2837: I'm glad everything went well :). My doctor had said we could just wait until 20 weeks for our first ultrasound too but that it if I wanted an earlier one he would order one for dating. I was so excited to see him/her I took the offer :)

srm8824
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Glad your appointment went well :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)